X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duff McKagin
    Gold Gabber
    • Sep 2004

New Orleans...

I'm moving to the big easy next monday and i was wondering if anyone from here is living there. i've grown up going there at least once a year so i know the city a bit, but i'm somewhat of a working dj now and i was wondering if there are any clubs that have house nights that i could check out and rep some of m promos? aside from the tourist traps what are the good local places to go? this is a bit of a long shot but i'm a hockey player and i havents found anywhere to skate yet, are there any leagues or rinks there? any help would be appreciated!
    -ryan
    Fly? Yes. Land? No!
  • fumanchu182
    Angantyr The Ruthless
    • Jun 2004

Re: New Orleans...

Buy a gun and don't walk into a dark alley alone.
    The sailors of the United States Navy are among the most disciplined, devoted, and well-trained fighting men the world has ever known. They drink gasoline and piss fire, The spit bullets and shit bombs, and will swim across the ocean with a knife in their teeth just for the chance to carve up those that threaten their homeland.

Comment

• Duff McKagin
      Gold Gabber
      • Sep 2004

^^^i know, one step ahead of you
      Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

• thesightless
        Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
        • Jun 2004

hockey in the south..... you know, im looking for a woman with a zero waist, 34DD, and blond hair, with an IQ above 145, good job paying 500K a year, lack of a voice box, and loves watching sports, all the while, refusing to wear any thing not bought from old navy, and cooking better than bobby flay, and fooking like jenna jameson.

hey, 2008 might be the year we get lucky!!
        your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
        download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• clintlove
          Hey girl, ya Hungry?
          • Jun 2004

Try the Ohm Lounge on St Charles in downtown. Small, small place but a cool atmosphere. More house played there than anything else from what I've heard. There's also a small place on Tchoupotoulas called Shiloh. Hadn't been there since the storms though. Then there is the more mainstream club called Ampersand. Seen many a good dj play there. Glad you're moving to the city bro.
          Last edited by clintlove; January 31, 2008, 10:21:39 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

well you've officially got one friend already. Clint will help you find your way more about the city. Hope your move goes easily.
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Duff McKagin
              Gold Gabber
              • Sep 2004

thanks clint, i know i'm off about hockey in the south but it was worth a shot. that's the thing i will miss most about living in buffalo. i've heard of all those clubs you mentioned and i will for sure check them out while down there. thanks again.
              Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

• 88Mariner
                My dick is smaller
                • Nov 2006

whoa whoa whoa, who says there isn't hockey in the south?

there totally is. it's not as popular however because lakes never freeze. I used to play down in floriday ffs.

Per New Orleans...i've heard good things about amphersand. didn't tony estrada gig there until katrina?
                you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Duff McKagin
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Sep 2004

true, there are teams all across the south, i'm even willing to drive an hour or 2 in order to play
                  Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

• progressive420
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

There is a club on top of the WTC in New Orleans (i think its called 360), its not the type of club i usually attend because its not a club that plays EDM and the crowd is kinda stuckup and more about showing off, but it is on top of a skyscraper and it rotates...... thats cool in itself, if only someone would make it more about good music....
                    "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• Duff McKagin
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Sep 2004

^^sounds cool minus the tool crowd and bad music
                      Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

Working...