X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJ
    Here since 2002
    • Jun 2004

Desk top publisher

Can anyone tell me if this machine would be powerful enough to run a programs such as Creative Suit 3 along with various other smallish applications at the same time?

Do I need to look at a more powerful power supply? Is there anything that I need to improve on?

Basically I have no idea what sort of machine I need t go for and I don't want some dude in a shop telling me I should buy this and that, then end spending a fortune on something I will probably never use.

Any help is appreciated.
    mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum
  • MJ
    Here since 2002
    • Jun 2004

Re: Desk top publisher

I have just been informed that this machine is a tad on the powerful side for what I need it for. I should have added that apart from design I will be flying to the moon.
    mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Yao
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

Christ...that IS a tad powerful. You migth wanna get a decent power supply on that one yes...I have a 450W on a dual core AMD. But I also have a Terratec soundcard which simply overdraws the supply when I open more than one sound-related application.

Those new fat CPU's tend to suck in a lot more power than the single cores, especially the high speed ones. So Id go safe and take something a little more powerful.
      Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• |Thrax|
        Platinum Poster
        • Mar 2007

Yea, try the

SPARKLE ATX-400PN-B204 ATX 12V 2.01 400W Power Supply

or

Corsair VX450 450W ATX12V 2.2

make sure you get a good case for that bad mofo
        This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
        Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• audiotherapy
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

80GB is weak. CS3master suite will take up 10GB. and if work with lossless files its not gonna cut it. these days 500GB is the norm.

i wouldnt stick anything lower than 500W (brand name) PSU in that unit as u are getting a 8800GTS

get a name brand motherboard ASUS, GIGABYTE, with the latest Intel Chipsets. this will make ur applications run more stable.

Comment

• LoUiS
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Nice setup. I would suggest you to get the corsair 620w (SLI Certified)!
            Don't take life too Seriously!!!

Comment

Working...