X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Coachella 2008

Just wondering what people thought of the line ups this year.
    Looks like S&D will be there, Booka Shade, JZ, DT, Deadmau5, Spiritualized, Kraftwerk, Junkie XL, and Sia, not to mention all the other musical styles.
    Must be getting old, cause there are a shite load of artists I have never heard
    of before.

Here are the artist breakdowns for the three day fest:

The line-up for this year’s COACHELLA will feature:
    FRIDAY, APRIL 25: Jack Johnson, The Verve, The Raconteurs, The Breeders, Fatboy Slim, Tegan and Sara, Madness, The Swell Season, The National, Slightly Stoopid, Mum, Pendulum, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, Stars, Battles, Aesop Rock, Les Savy Fav, Midnight Juggernauts, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, Minus the Bear, Spank Rock, dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip, Diplo, Adam Freeland, Santogold, Jens Lekman, John Butler Trio, Vampire Weekend, Dan Deacon, Architecture in Helsinki, Sandra Collins, Busy P, Cut Copy, Black Lips, Datarock, Professor Murder, Reverend and the Makers, The Bees, Porter, Rogue Wave, Modeselektor, American Bang, Luckyiam.

SATURDAY, APRIL 26: Portishead, Kraftwerk, Death Cab for Cutie, Cafe Tacuba, Sasha & John Digweed, Rilo Kiley, Dwight Yoakam, M.I.A., Hot Chip, Cold War Kids, Animal Collective, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, DeVotchKa, Flogging Molly, Mark Ronson, Turbonegro, Scars on Broadway, Islands, Enter Shikari, Calvin Harris, Boys Noize, Junkie XL, Cinematic Orchestra, Jamie T, The Teenagers, VHS or Beta, Carbon/Silicon, Erol Alkan, Yo! Majesty, Little Brother, Bonde Do Role, St. Vincent, Akron/Family, MGMT, Institubes Paris Terror Club - Surkin, Para One and Orgasmic, James Zabiela, SebastiAn, Kavinsky, Dredg, The Bird and the Bee, Grand Ole Party, Man Man, New Young Pony Club, 120 Days, Yoav, Electric Touch, Yelle, Uffie.

SUNDAY, APRIL 27: Roger Waters (“Dark Side of the Moon”), Love And Rockets, My Morning Jacket, Spiritualized, Justice, Gogol Bordello, Chromeo, The Streets, Metric, Danny Tenaglia, Simian Mobile Disco, Booka Shade, Murs, Dimitri From Paris, Autolux, The Field, Linton Kwesi Johnson, The Cool Kids, Sons & Daughters, Sia, Holy Fuck, Black Kids, Black Mountain, Annuals, Kid Sister w/A-Trak, Duffy, I'm from Barcelona, Manchester Orchestra, Deadmau5, The Horrors, AUSTIN TV, Shout Out Louds, Plastiscines, Brett Dennen.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?
  • hypoluxxa
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Coachella 2008

I'm getting old because I will NOT deal with the kids, traffic and heat. 2 to 3 hours to get there. 1 to three hours to drive into the parking lot. 2 to 3 hours to leave the lot ='s me not going. I usually NEVER miss S&D, but I'm skipping this. GREAT line up though. I haven't seen Love & Rockets in years.

Comment

• Miguel
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Oct 2005

roger waters show is not to be missed

Comment

• GerryD
        I love skanking
        • Jun 2004

Gave up on festivals years ago..............
        "We're professional entertainers. You give us money, we entertain you.

Comment

• the sun the sea
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

i'm probably gonna go to friday's show only to see the verve, but dam, $90 a tickets plus the ticketbastard's service charge... it can get pretty costly.
          download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

It's going to be sick, this will be my 8th coachella music festival. Our group has gone from 4 friends renting a condo less than a mile from the event to 20 friends renting 1-2 sick houses in palm springs (months in advance) an RV or 2 and a dj spinning at the house at club decibles.

I'm looking really looking forward to S&D of course, The Field, Kraftwerk, Roger Waters, Portishead, Sandra Collins, Diplo, Spiritualized, Booka Shade and My Morning Jacket.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...