X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poults
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2006

Gatecrasher Summer Sound System

Any [ms] people going to this? The line up looks awesome to me. Cant wait!

Originally posted by Hoff

ejejejejejejejejeje!!!!! you always delivering some good dogs shits !!! thankyou
  • TheMightyGreg
    Editor Shmeditor
    • Nov 2006

Re: Gatecrasher Summer Sound System

For such an extensive line-up, there's only a few people I'd actaully want to go see, namely; Kevin Saunderson, 808 State, Gabrial Ananda, Josh Wink, Bukem, Roni Size Hernan, The Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy. Will be a pretty epic Gurnathon, and not one i plan to attend.
    Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

if peter hook is not 'performing' - I'm not going
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Gustaf L
        Getting warmed up
        • Jun 2004

Hmm, looks quite lush. Too bad i can't go cause of fatherhood.

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

Lacking a Bedrock tent
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• chunky
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jan 2006

I couldn't see the point in a 2 day dance festival. You go there get wankered the first day then you still have another day. Normally with some serious casualties. Loads of people staying a wake for 2 days then driving home. Its not for me
            Originally posted by res0nat0r
            OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

I hate these events full stop .. give a me dark intimate club every time.

Being stuck out in a field and unable to get a cab home aint my idea of fun !
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• AntonyM
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

The acid house arena looks wicked
                got to love the variety of acts.
                Originally posted by Shpira
                So came back last night...
                Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                Originally posted by Illuminate
                Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
                  Editor Shmeditor
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by chunky
                  I couldn't see the point in a 2 day dance festival. You go there get wankered the first day then you still have another day. Normally with some serious casualties. Loads of people staying a wake for 2 days then driving home. Its not for me
                  My thoughts exactly. There are just too many people wandering round in some aggressively ruined states who should have stopped taking drugs a loooong time ago. I love festivals (Glastonbury, Bestival, etc...) but when the focus is dance music it attracts people I don't neccesarily want to spend 72 hours in a field with. IMO it's all about day festivals (Lovebox, SW4, etc...) where you can dance under the sun all day but then retreat to your own flat within an hour if it all gets a bit much.

Comment

• chunky
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • Jan 2006

I remember the first Gatecrasher Summer Sound System they had there in 2000. A girl from Swindon fell asleep at the wheel driving home and had a head on collision with an on coming car. killing her passengers and the people in the other car. Apparently she had been to an allnighter at The Brunel Rooms on the Friday. Then gone to the Gatecrasher Summer Sound System with no sleep. I think she got 3 years for causing death by dangerous driving. I could never understand why anyone would go to The Brunel Rooms on the Friday, when the line up at Gatecrasher with phenomenal. I spend the Friday night getting a good night sleep and eating well before any big weekend. Especially if I'm driving.

Comment

• chunky
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jan 2006

Yeah SW4 is fucking great. Go out in the day kick the arse out of it. Then go home and carry on partying

Comment

• diegoff
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

dave pierce!!!!!! thatīs a fucked up psyco trance, I love it....
                        Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
                        Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
                        May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• fletcher
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jul 2005

Give me 1 day festivals, or proper 4 days. Not worth camping for 1 night.

Might go for the day if theres nothing owt to do, but there is a lack of a decent house arena there, which i imagine global gathering will have 2 of.

Im waiting silently and expectantly for the Glade 2008 lineup... 4 days of carnage yes sir.
                          http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
                            Editor Shmeditor
                            • Nov 2006

Never been to Glade but heard good things from all who've been. The thought of spending that long with a load of EDM heads worried me a bit. As much as I love you all, you sometimes scare the shit out of me.

Comment

• fletcher
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by TheMightyGreg
                              Never been to Glade but heard good things from all who've been. The thought of spending that long with a load of EDM heads worried me a bit. As much as I love you all, you sometimes scare the shit out of me.
                              Your right to be worried

I scare the shit out of myself at that festival every year
                              http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...