• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Gatecrasher Summer Sound System

Originally posted by chunky
    I remember the first Gatecrasher Summer Sound System they had there in 2000. A girl from Swindon fell asleep at the wheel driving home and had a head on collision with an on coming car. killing her passengers and the people in the other car. Apparently she had been to an allnighter at The Brunel Rooms on the Friday. Then gone to the Gatecrasher Summer Sound System with no sleep. I think she got 3 years for causing death by dangerous driving. I could never understand why anyone would go to The Brunel Rooms on the Friday, when the line up at Gatecrasher with phenomenal. I spend the Friday night getting a good night sleep and eating well before any big weekend. Especially if I'm driving.

More importantly dont drug and drive - ever! You give the rest of the responsible abusers a bad name
    Thats what organized coaches are for. Although it is a real pain trying to find them in that nick.
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• chunky
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jan 2006

Yeah at least with the other Festivals like Glade they Finish each night at 2am and don't start again till 12. So most people get some sleep and don't stay up all night. I'm Guessing this one is going to be 2 all nighters. Even Global Gathering closes early the first night.
      Originally posted by res0nat0r
      OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• chunky
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
        More importantly dont drug and drive - ever! You give the rest of the responsible abusers a bad name
        Thats what organized coaches are for. Although it is a real pain trying to find them in that nick.
        According to the police. The drugs had worn of the the girl who went to prison before the time of the accident so she could not be charged with driving under the influence.
        Originally posted by res0nat0r
        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• benjee_uk
          Fresh Peossy
          • Mar 2008

I remember the first Gatecrasher Summer Sound System they had there in 2000. A girl from Swindon fell asleep at the wheel driving home and had a head on collision with an on coming car. killing her passengers and the people in the other car. Apparently she had been to an allnighter at The Brunel Rooms on the Friday. Then gone to the Gatecrasher Summer Sound System with no sleep. I think she got 3 years for causing death by dangerous driving. I could never understand why anyone would go to The Brunel Rooms on the Friday, when the line up at Gatecrasher with phenomenal. I spend the Friday night getting a good night sleep and eating well before any big weekend. Especially if I'm driving.
          If you ask me the golden age of trance ie 99/00/01 wer the best gatecrasher will ever do and now i fear thay will over reach with a 60,000 capassaty i dont kno but it was just more fun back then now it`s all about the money it shur will be full of gurning zombys after the first day but man those 4 years gatecrasher tuk out`a the festival game was just too long and dont get me started about sss07 in leeds the place where it all began i left @ 11 pm it was full of kids chewing there face`s off any way the point is no one loves gc more than me but it`s all just memaries guys the partys over man but hey trance is going underground where it belongs and the partys are happaning in evry town and city so bollax to the festivals
          benjee_uk Dj/promoter

Comment

• AntonyM
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

According to the police. The drugs had worn of the the girl who went to prison before the time of the accident so she could not be charged with driving under the influence.
            Crazy story
            They do not much of the multiday parties in the US with camping anymore
            you can camp now at Coachella but the night usually ends by 11 or 12.
            Multipule day gurning is just so crushing by that second night, you'll eat any narcotic substance that happens past, one night clubbing is painful enough.
            Originally posted by Shpira
            So came back last night...
            Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
            Originally posted by Illuminate
            Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
            2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
            3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
            4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

Live Stage

The Chemical Brothers Live
              Soulwax Niteversions Live
              Pendulum Live
              Crystal Castles Live
              James Holroyd DJ Set <<<<<< kind of funny, dj set on the "live" stage

Peter Hook is needed for a bit comic relief surely

Comment

Working...