My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• ShawnD64
      Quickshot the Minute Man
      • Jan 2005

Re: Vinyl only Dj's

there are some vinyl only djs around here and my music selection kicks their ass. unless you are living in berlin and getting music sent to you by the best producers in the world, your music will lag behind imo

but certainly do not ditch them, serato seems to be your best bet

and i do agree w/ jeff, i find cdjs easier than vinyl, but i have heard others say vinyl is easier as well... all preference imo.
      http://soundcloud.com/scd64
      http://www.myspace.com/scd64
      http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

i don't know if just playing vinyl here means you are behind, BUT most of the new stuff today is for the most part coming out only on vinyl. But it's kinda funny, with the new ways people are recording their tracks these days...90% of all that new stuff would not work on vinyl. Guys using stereo bass with chorus on it and all kinds of phasing.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Digger
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
          i always found it harder to spin vinyl after playing with cd's.
          yeah for me too, as for toss them NO WAY....i was owner of a technics 1200 blacks in 2000, and i went to the beach with some friends and when i came back home, my bro sell them without my permission i so fucking hate him rite now, but i kept my vinyls safe btw...some of my friends wants some of them but fuck NO!...those are mines...

also find harder spining vinyl after playing cds...but i like it more spining with vinyls to be honest!...

fucking brooo
          https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
          All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chuckc
            ^^^^how come sasha gets a free pass?
            a free pass?

sasha doesnt just take one digital track on ableton and mix it into another like some lap top dj's.. he is actually pretty much re-editing/looping etc... on the fly
            there is a difference

Comment

• chuckc
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

^^^^yeah, realize that, but imo its somewhat overated....he still djing with a cpu.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

its more of a performance IMO than dj-ing

and as far as when you use vinyl your music lags behind.. lags behind what?
                some of the top dj's in the world.. luke fair, desyn masiello, danny howells etc.. play shit that came out a while ago that just got buried in the masses of music that continually gets put out by beatport or any other digital outlet trying to make money.. throw as much as possible out and see what sticks, there has seriously been a lack of integrity since the arrival of the mp3J.. of course they get unreleased stuff too and stuff that wont be out for ages. but i saw an interview with luke fair where he said he digs and digs for most of what he plays and rarely if ever plays stuff thats been given to him.

I think part of the problem with this digital era, besides anyone can be a "dj" if they have mixmeister software and a laptop, is the fact there is SO much music coming out and 75% of it is crap Or it comes out and gets played by EVERYONE.

stop worrying about having the newest hottest track and play music that you love no matter how old/new it is, if it is a good track its a good track whether it is a day a month a year or 10 years old.

i just watched those "history of house" videos on youtube and found some tracks off of there that came out almost 25 years ago that would to this day blow up a club

I'm not being and arse when i ask this, but i am not understanding whats difficult about spinning vinyl? beat matching? programming?

I get that going from vinyl to cd is not always good and the sound quality is completely different.. but what else?

Comment

• Homegrove
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

I sold my other deck a little over a year ago but would never sell the other. Recently did a little spring cleaning in my record collection and ended up getting rid of / selling about 200 records I've listened to once and then forgetting. Those fuckers take up a lot of unnecessary space.
                  Forward thinking house music

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Homegrove
                    I sold my other deck a little over a year ago but would never sell the other. Recently did a little spring cleaning in my record collection and ended up getting rid of / selling about 200 records I've listened to once and then forgetting. Those fuckers take up a lot of unnecessary space.
                    so did you or didnt you sell the other?

Comment

• chuckc
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                      I think part of the problem with this digital era, besides anyone can be a "dj" if they have mixmeister software and a laptop, is the fact there is SO much music coming out and 75% of it is crap Or it comes out and gets played by EVERYONE.

stop worrying about having the newest hottest track and play music that you love no matter how old/new it is, if it is a good track its a good track whether it is a day a month a year or 10 years old.
                      ^^^your so right. its totally saturated. I like djs who just play quality music new or old. it seems like so many people obsessed with just playing new relases.

Comment

• lilsensa
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Digger
                        .. and i went to the beach with some friends and when i came back home, my bro sell them without my permission i so fucking hate him rite now
                        To just up and sell a family members belongings...Must have been hard up for some cash!!
                        RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

crack isnt free is it?

Comment

• lilsensa
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

^^I was gonna say...Man, I would fucking wreck my bro if he sold my shit.
                            RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                              Not cool enough
                              • Jun 2004

You got that right....but I would wreck him up pretty fierce too.
                              Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                              My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                                My dick is smaller
                                • Nov 2006

keep the 12's. you could go through a divorce, bankruptcy, whatever...and you'll always have your Technics. Something about being with vinyl that is more real than 'mxing' on a computer.

It's the difference between fvcking a hot blonde babe, and a robot with a blonde wig.
                                you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

Working...