X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Australia Says Sorry!!

This is probably something else most of you don't care about. The first order of business for our opening of parliament today was an official apology to our original Australians!

We have a very sad history of removing halfcaste children from their aboriginal mothers right up until the 70's . Today a large number of Australian aboriginals live in third world conditions. Today we acknowledged and said Sorry! There were time lines and policies set to change all this.

The feeling generated by this "Sorry" are amazing. !! It is a very real historical moment.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Re: Australia Says Sorry!!

The first aboriginals are preparing their claims against the government I heard. Sweet...

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DIDI
      We have a very sad history of removing halfcaste children from their aboriginal mothers right up until the 70's .
      Originally posted by KinKyJ
      The first aboriginals are preparing their claims against the government I heard. Sweet...
      I thought Australia is not going to pay out any claims for that?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
        You're right feather. There is no provision for compensation in the apology. They have always been able to go through the courts. This makes no difference. Every state in Australia has already apologized and we haven't seen any increase in claims for compensation although I personally think a lot deserve it . The attitude of this government is to make things better for all not just the stolen generation.

For the first time in years I actually feel proud to be Australian.
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

The speech was quite moving. Definitely a step in the right direction. The new powers that be seem to be doing pretty alright eh.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

There are a couple of environmental issues I'm not happy with, but it actually feels as though we are getting some things done in this country again. Vast improvement over Howard and co.

Comment

• nick007
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2007

Good on the Ozzies mate, hopefully the healing can begin if not already begun!

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by nick007
                Good on the Ozzies mate, hopefully the healing can begin if not already begun!
                Dont be expecting any apologies from the Brits for starting apartheid!

Yay good for australia - the story it has been on the news, but I don't think it conveyed the positive knock on effects in the way you describe.
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

Working...