X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pr0ficient
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Apr 2006

DJing High Quality CD-R Recommendation Needed

Since I started spinning CDs I have been using cheap Memorex CD-Rs where I can buy 100 blank CDs for $25.

These CDs get the job done at first but seem to scratch super easy just from when I move them from case to CDJ. I find myself having to burn a few new CDs every month or so.

Can anyone recommend some high quality CD-Rs that will not scratch so easily for me?
    Last edited by pr0ficient; February 13, 2008, 10:27:48 PM.
  • Aleks_B
    Gold Gabber
    • Nov 2006

Re: High Quality CD-R Recommendation Needed

i have no evidence of this claim, but i have heard from a friend who works at a comp store and knows his products well, that Fuji makes the best CDR's. apparently the materials they use are better and the Cd's should last longer apparently, because of this and other technologies that Fuji uses in manufacturing.
    aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

• Shpira
      Angry Boy Child
      • Oct 2006

verbatim
      The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
      Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• FM
        Wooooooo!
        • Jun 2004

scratch from case to CDJ? Where?

If it's the outer portion (which is a given and bound to do so), don't fill up the disk when burning...the last tracks will be the first ones to start skipping. Cap it around 65-70 minutes.

If it's all over the place, then sure those Memorex's that you got are a cheaper/inferior build. Or are you abusing them?

MANY 'brand' names are now all made in a few plants only. So they aren't really differentiated like they used to...no right/wrong answer to this question.

Never have had problems with, well, any brand really...sure, some have scratched over time and I've had to replace a few...but nothing extraordinarily bad if treated relatively proper.

Oh but don't EVER get ones labeled "Music CD-R"...those are really very specific player-types that 99% of people won't even need...be wasting your money.
        FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
        "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
        Facebook!
        A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

Working...