• Oct 2004

Re: Daft Punk ft. Kayne West Live

Was not too sure
    it was Daft Punk at first
    just seemed to unreal to believe
    going with the touchpads looked sick.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• floridaorange
      I'm merely a humble butler
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by barkup
      The greatest dance act i've ever seen.
      I've heard that from too many people, f*ck why didnt I go!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

i don't think they're performing live. on some of the shots they're hitting two buttons at once, where in others just one.

I figure it would have to go through the sound system, so my guess is that it's not live here....

i think those controlers are used for effect tbh. too easy to mess up on them...but then, i've never seen those controlers before!
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Who actually performs live at the Grammys anyway

I saw pictures of their pyramid booth that they perform from, it's packed with stuff. But that's used for their concerts, probably not the same setup.

the midi controller on the far left in the 2nd picture looks suspiciously like a BCR2000, could be wrong though
          the wooden boxes are Moog Voyagers Rack Mount Edition... 4 of them! Meaning that there is actually synthesis happening within the pyramid, not just triggering samples with ableton! DP play more live than i gave them credit for! Theres no keyboards around so i guess its safe to assume that they are running midi sequences from the laptops through them...

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• digital_junkie
            Getting Somewhere
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by 88Mariner
            i don't think they're performing live. on some of the shots they're hitting two buttons at once, where in others just one.

I figure it would have to go through the sound system, so my guess is that it's not live here....

i think those controlers are used for effect tbh. too easy to mess up on them...but then, i've never seen those controlers before!
            I don't see how come they couldn't use it live....its like a musician using his instrument all the time...if this what they are using all the time i could see them getting very proficent at it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Odw2D7a3lA4

Comment

• stencil_cp
              Addiction started
              • Aug 2005

pre-recorded for the grammies. they get away with calling it live because the musicians do play on stage, but the mics don't pick them up and the sound pumped out the tv is professionally mixed... not sure about vocals tho...

Comment

• Cj Tari
                MCast Resident DJ
                • Nov 2004

those controllers are called "Lemur" its basically a midi touch screen midi controller.

ive seen other acts use them, like Stephan Bodzin.

pretty sick.
                more info:: http://www.jazzmutant.com/lemur_overview.php
                ..:: listen :: react ::..
                http://www.myspace.com/djcjtari
                http://www.facebook.com/cjtari
                http://soundcloud.com/cj-tari

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by digital_junkie
                  I don't see how come they couldn't use it live....its like a musician using his instrument all the time...if this what they are using all the time i could see them getting very proficent at it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Odw2D7a3lA4

fair point, but in one sequence, one of the guys went to hit a button and hit two different buttons at the same time. but there was no mistake in the output sound. the clip is towards the end of the vid.
                  you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

way to ruin a great track KW

Comment

• ddr
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

yea i agree with the majority here... i saw it on the grammy's and it looked like they were just up there pushing buttons for the camera.

the music was pre-recorded of course, kanye's vocals werent i dont think.
                      "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• digital_junkie
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                        fair point, but in one sequence, one of the guys went to hit a button and hit two different buttons at the same time. but there was no mistake in the output sound. the clip is towards the end of the vid.
                        another valid point....i watched the video again and i see what your are saying...!!!

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

Let's face it, how the fuck can you wear that glow in the dark leather outfit with the helmet, and still hit the right buttons on that Etch-A-Sketch?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• gia powers
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Mar 2007

HAHA Tron!

I <3 this guy!
                            Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Comment

• gia powers
                              Getting warmed up
                              • Mar 2007

Tron!

Let's try this again!
                              Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Comment

• the sun the sea
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                                I've heard that from too many people, f*ck why didnt I go!
                                dude, i'm in the same club.
                                i totally missed them in coachella in 2006 and on last years tour... shit!
                                download dj sets at: www.mixwalla.com

Comment

Working...