X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Taking Free Banking Too Far

OK, I'm in line at the bank to make a deposit this afternoon, and I get stuck behind this guy who has a variety of transactions he needs to perform. I wasn't eavesdropping, he was just loud, and I was able to determine that he did the following:

1. Exchanged some Canadian change for US dollars, around $2 and some change
    2. Deposited that money into one account.
    3. Withdrew $1.50 from a different account.

Might I also add that he performed these three transactions slowly.

I gotta say, if I had known that's what he was doing and how long he was going to take when he started, I would have paid him $5 to get the hell out of my way so I could get on with my day. I'm not even pissed that he put money into one account and withdrew a similar amount from another -- people keep separate accounts for different reasons, and I've done that before myself -- but to actually go to the trouble of going to the bank to perform a series of transactions that netted you around 75 cents, it just doesn't make a bit of sense.

I guess financial planning needs to exist at all levels but come on dude, ever think about just carrying a change purse or something?
  • Miguel
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Re: Taking Free Banking Too Far

age of the guy ?

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miguel
      age of the guy ?
      Late 40's?

Comment

• Miguel
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Oct 2005

you ave to be too bored to go and do stuff like that

Comment

• Jenks
          I'm kind of a big deal.
          • Jun 2004

i have not been inside a bank in ages. drive through, yes. online, yes. actually inside? didn't know that option still existed. lol.

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

^^seems crazy, I know. Just happens that my bank is next door to my office, so it's sometimes faster to just walk in than to use the ATM. Wasn't today, tho...

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
              i have not been inside a bank in ages. drive through, yes. online, yes. actually inside? didn't know that option still existed. lol.
              haha same here jenks.

imo, if you have jack offs like that at your bank... time to switch.
              "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

I think he was deciding whether to rob the bank or not. He was probably going through all the pro's and cons in his head while doing each transaction very slowly!
                You prolly just missed a firarms showdown
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• shosh
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2004

just because his transaction was x times smaller than yours doesnt mean he doesnt have the same rights as you do, you pompous prick.

/sarcasm

in all honesty that guy was probably retarded.

Comment

• lilsensa
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

That reminds me of a grocery store visit i made last weekend..This guy was shaking up change in his hand while weighing every apple in the tub to figure out which one he could afford with his change....Fucking prick, I just wanted to weigh some oranges!!!
                    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• liquidsky
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miguel
                      you ave to be too bored to go and do stuff like that
                      or on meth...

Comment

• AntonyM
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2004

Some people need places to waste their time.
                        Originally posted by Shpira
                        So came back last night...
                        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                        Originally posted by Illuminate
                        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• nbpgt
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
                          OK, I'm in line at the bank to make a deposit this afternoon, and I get stuck behind this guy who has a variety of transactions he needs to perform. I wasn't eavesdropping, he was just loud, and I was able to determine that he did the following:

1. Exchanged some Canadian change for US dollars, around $2 and some change
                          2. Deposited that money into one account.
                          3. Withdrew $1.50 from a different account.

Might I also add that he performed these three transactions slowly.

I gotta say, if I had known that's what he was doing and how long he was going to take when he started, I would have paid him $5 to get the hell out of my way so I could get on with my day. I'm not even pissed that he put money into one account and withdrew a similar amount from another -- people keep separate accounts for different reasons, and I've done that before myself -- but to actually go to the trouble of going to the bank to perform a series of transactions that netted you around 75 cents, it just doesn't make a bit of sense.

I guess financial planning needs to exist at all levels but come on dude, ever think about just carrying a change purse or something?

similar deal for me. i was returning something @ hope depot. i was already about 4or 5 deep in line. i get close to the counter & the lady in front of me has some xmas decorations. a bunch of assorted stuff she got off a clearence table some months before (it was summer). she didnt have a receipt & admitted she didnt even buy the stuff @ the location we were in. managers were called & all that jazz. after several minutes of the theatrics, i actually offered the lady 2 dollars to "buy" the shit in her bag, so i can get on with my business & get the fuck outta ther. the reaction she gave me, you woulda though i called her the capital c word. in the end, i think the manager told her, sorry cant do anyhting for you. fuckin dumb bitch.

Comment

• nick007
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Oct 2007

Every 5 years we have to renew our drivers licence in SA, on Monday stood for 6 hours in a queue to do it. f'ing crazy!

The only good thing about it was I got to know the people in front and back of me - told each other our whole life stories by the end

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                              DJ Jelly
                              • Jun 2004

^^^you cant do that on the web in SA?

Comment

Working...