Nick Warren to do yet another GU September 08.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: Nick Warren to do yet another GU September 08.

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
    From Progressive-sounds.com

"Global Underground continues itīs worldwide travels over the coming months, with forthcoming albums to be mixed by Eric Prydz in Stockholm, and a new mix from Darren Emerson early in 2009."

oh well that ends their streak of one good GU cd in a row

Comment

• Dhar_2
      meat and potatoes
      • Jun 2004

^

exactley what i thought!

the one after will probably be seaman!

Comment

• Kinetic
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dhar_2
        ^
        Well, if heīs doing it in a vein similar to his work as Cirez D or Pryda, I donīt see why it canīt be good.

Fabric Test, Teaser, Mouseville Theme, Läget, Stockholm Marathon, anything made under the Pryda name... frankly I donīt know that many producers putting out as much good stuff at the pace heīs doing it for the past 2 years.
        "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
        http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• tiddles
          Encryption, Jr.
          • Jun 2004

you could put one of pryda's songs on repeat for two hours and get a sneak peak of his new GU!

Comment

• chunky
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by tiddles
            you could put one of pryda's songs on repeat for two hours and get a sneak peak of his new GU!
            Yeah you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes
            Originally posted by res0nat0r
            OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chunky
              Yeah you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes

Must admit ... I had to take the remixes off out of sheer boredom - loved the originals, but its no wonder the emfire collection was so cheap !
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

i cant wait for another chessy felix da housecat milan style cover!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

That is so freaking true.
                  Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                  My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                  My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• progressive420
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

^^^^regardless of that shite that they are apparently releasing next.... Warren's new GU is one of the best of the whole series. I LOVE IT!!!
                    "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• AntonyM
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2004

Agreed, first CD set I have bought in five years, not as heavy as some of his live mixes but, lush and wide variety of styles, well done.
                      Originally posted by Shpira
                      So came back last night...
                      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                      Originally posted by Illuminate
                      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

Just played CD2 again yesterday. Think CD1>CD2.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• AntonyM
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Oct 2004

Honestly, they complement each other pretty well, did not get how he started CD 2 until a couple of listens, but by the end of it, your ready to jump out of the car and get down on the freeway, such a seamless mix, yet you could really here the mix points.
                          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...

Am I close here?

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                            • Mar 2008

this is all wavy gravy.. and he can do his mixing foray, but in last analysis, i'm really just eagerly awaiting the arrival of the upcoming wow album.
                            (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Yeah read about the new WOW, was gonna post about it in here but couldn't find any more details. A new WOW is definitely welcomed.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• AntonyM
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Oct 2004

Long overdue, would like to see them do some live stuff again or throwdown a mental DJ set, it has been too long.

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...