Nick Warren to do yet another GU September 08.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duff McKagin
    Gold Gabber
    • Sep 2004

Re: Nick Warren to do yet another GU September 08.

Originally posted by thesightless
    dude, nick warren can rock out any type of dance club anywhere. guy is great.
    i agree completely
    Fly? Yes. Land? No!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
      Not cool enough
      • Jun 2004

if you don't go you WILL regret it. At the age he is at this may be the last time he tours. Though he did say that back when the Iceland mix was made.
      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by fer_
        well his lastet 3 cds were fantastic so waiting this one too
        true GU always the same djs but that label has changed long time ago.
        warren is playing here next sat ... i dont what to do..do you recommend me to go'?
        You are even asking??????? GO !!!!!!!!!!!
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Always been a supporter of Warren since hearing Nalin + Kane - Beachball on Prague, and he's a great dancefloor DJ rah rah rah, I'm sure these opinions are reiterated from previous Warren bashing threads.

STILL. Fucking hell, another GU? Very ambivalent about this because ... as good as the tracks are, the way the compilations are put together and sound, are beginning to become predictable. Hope he doesn't turn it into BSPF, that'd be a pity.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by feather
            Always been a supporter of Warren since hearing Nalin + Kane - Beachball on Prague, and he's a great dancefloor DJ rah rah rah, I'm sure these opinions are reiterated from previous Warren bashing threads.

STILL. Fucking hell, another GU? Very ambivalent about this because ... as good as the tracks are, the way the compilations are put together and sound, are beginning to become predictable. Hope he doesn't turn it into BSPF, that'd be a pity.

you make a good point. i supposed we can anticipate a chilled-out disk 1 and a bangin' disk 2?

personally, i think the way tracks were produced back in the day on the earlier GU's are substantially different than the stuff that's put on the recent compilations. It's the difference between driving an IndyCar and driving a nissan. On the other hand, it is the DJ's who are choosing the tracks, so this must also be considered. (but again, what is the selection they're choosing from?) The Nick Warren on Prague versus the Nick Warren in Paris are on opposite sides of the universe.

I could be very well alone on this, but I don't think many of the recent GU's are even indicative of what "resembles the sounds being played in the clubs of this city".

ah, nostalgia
            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Yeah wasn't making a direct comparison between Prague and his later GUs, but GU Reyjavik (can never spell that) and Shanghai felt like the same 'mold' to me.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Homegrove
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Shanghai was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy below Reykjavik in every regard. Haven't listened to it since I bought it. Boring stuff.

Paris was great then again so I'm looking forward to this.
                Forward thinking house music

Comment

• asdf_admin
                  i use to be important
                  • Jun 2004

I like Nick's Sets. He knows how to put down some amazing progressive and has some of the best track selection. I may be a minority in this, but I am actually excited.

His Paris GU fucking rocked.
                  dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Troklo
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

well his lastet 3 cds were fantastic so waiting this one too
                    true GU always the same djs but that label has changed long time ago.
                    warren is playing here next sat ... i dont what to do..do you recommend me to go'?
                    What, your having second thoughts about going to see Warren?!?!?!?!
                    Yes go and don´t you ever ask such a question again.
                    Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• fer_
                      Platinum Poster
                      • May 2005

yeah guys your re right def cant miss. hes awesome. thing is that i have a bday party from a "friend" ..but hell nick is nick . will do the review to let u know aobut the details

Comment

• GregWhelan
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

How opinuions differ - Homegrove, what exactly is so bad about Shanghai? It's my favourite Warren release, esp disc 1, tune after tune after tune, flawlessly mixed and programmed.

Gu 24 was brilliant too, but Shanghai tops it for me....

Comment

• Homegrove
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

I thought that most of Shanghai was just too samey same prog. Lacked any punch of feeling.

CD 2's first 20 minutes or so were ace though.
                          Forward thinking house music

Comment

• TomTom
                            Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                            • May 2002

It feels like the chit chat about Tiesto, Paris Hilton and how much GU sucks is the reason for the existance of at least a third of all posts in the GYY forum on [ms].

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

And 1/3 in the booby thread, 1/3 in the picture thread.

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

yeah guys your re right def cant miss. hes awesome. thing is that i have a bday party from a "friend" ..but hell nick is nick . will do the review to let u know aobut the details
                                A true friend would understand completely!!
                                Originally posted by TheVrk
                                it IS incredible isn't it??
                                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...