X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMightyGreg
    Editor Shmeditor
    • Nov 2006

Roni still Reprazenting

Went to see Roni Rize Reprazent do a live set at the Scala last night and they absolutely smashed it. The crowd was amazing and lapped up every beat and the sound was suprisingly good for what is frankly quite a basic venue.

They basically played the whole of New Forms, including Brown Paper Bag twice with a few new tracks chucked in. I haven't been to anything but House nights for quite a while and it was so good to hear some different music. That album was a massive part of why I got into elecronic music in the fist place, and to hear it played live after all these years was blinding.

In case you've forgotten what he's all about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4n0iUtWEwY

I've also not seen a House crowd go that nuts and be that appreciative of the music being played for a loooooooong time.
    Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Roni still Reprazenting

Originally posted by TheMightyGreg

I've also not seen a House crowd go that nuts and be that appreciative of the music being played for a loooooooong time.
    cos its DNB?
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• rainman
      Platinum Poster
      • Dec 2005

i like me some dnb on occasion. would have loved to have seen then perform new forms live. i'm sure heroes was bad ass.

do they still perform with multiple drum kits on stage?

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

oh man! heroes is the best track, imo!

New Forms has been my most listened to album this year. I pop it on everytime i drive into Philly. Perfect soundscape for the landscape.
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• AndyH
          Platinum Poster
          • May 2005

Seeing the guy play the B line from Brown Paper bag on his 6 foot long bass guitar was def the highlight. Still giving me chills now. Also, at one point they played a few bars of about 10 classic old skool D&B tunes in about 2mins, just cutting them one after the other which was pretty special as well..!

To round things off the crowd was 100% people who had obv grown up listening to New Forms with not a single hoodied up little jungle street rat to be seen.

Top night...
          [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

Working...