• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andpress
    Fresh Peossy
    • Nov 2007

Jim Rivers - Transitions Guest Mix

Tune in on www.johndigweed.com

Or globally available on the following stations from tonight (21st) onwards:

USA: Digitally Imported, XM "The Move", Proton Radio
    Mexico: Beat 100.9, Los 40 Principales
    Brazil: Energia 97
    Argentina: Metro Dance
    Philippines: Magic 89.9 FM
    UK: Kiss FM
    France: Radio FG
    Australia: Kiss FM, Kik FM

--

JIM RIVERS BIOGRAPHY

"Its young blood like Jim Rivers that keep the scene moving forward, he's been a real inspiration this year, a top talent." - Dave Seaman

"This deliciously balanced DJ is memorable on the palette and versatile enough to work with a wide range of dishes. Enjoy with friends or alone, a future classic in the making." - Paolo Mojo

"Jim Rivers is the man to watch...I am so impressed by his ever improving skills" - Satoshi Tomiie

--

London, Moscow, Sao Paulo, Dublin, Mexico, Shanghai, Athens, Amsterdam, Novi Sad… in the last year Jim has travelled the world with his techy, glitchy, groovy electronic house music - and looking into the future and at his forthcoming tours and releases, it's all about to get crazier, including his debut at Zouk Singapore and his appearance at the Renaissance party in February alongside Satoshi Tomiie & Audiofly in The Box @ Ministry of Sound London.

Jim has continued to build on his reputation since his first release on the respected Saw Recordings in 2006 ('Restore/Future' EP). Since then releases have followed on labels such as Saved, EQ, Baroque, Global Underground, Cr2, Audio Therapy & Renaissance and he has remixed for Nic Fanciulli, Quivver, Gabriel & Dresden and Paul Harris (Positiva) amongst many others, all of which continually showcase Jim's unique style and his own take on dance music today.

More recently Jim's 2nd EP for Saw, 'I Go Deep' received critical acclaim in the dance music press as well as making the top 10 of the Beatport tech house chart for 3 weeks, peaking at number 3, and being supported across the board by some of the world’s biggest DJ's and taste makers.
    November 2007 saw the launch of Jim’s own imprint, Misfit Records. The label will allow Jim to release his own music the way he wants to, showcasing his different sounds and ideas. With some great new music and remixers already on board, this will be a label to watch.

Jim has also developed a studio partnership with Paolo Mojo, with two tracks already written, the first 'Darkplace' which came on Paolo's own Oosh imprint late last year and has received several plays on Pete Tong's legendary Essential Selection (BBC Radio 1) and the 2nd track, 'Ron Hardy Said', being release on Eric Prydz’s acclaimed Mouseville Records imprint in April this year. Will Saul, head honcho of ethereal UK imprint Simple Records has just picked up Jim’s new single entitled “Mirage”, to feature a remix from Redshape and due for release in May 2007.

It’s not just Jim's production that's been catching people’s ears. The last few months have seen Jim gigging all over the world in some of the best clubs on offer today. Whether it’s a beach party in Athens, Pacha in Sao Paulo or a dark sweaty club in Moscow, Jim has been taking his sound and vibe to dance floors across the globe and getting rave reviews along the way. 21st February sees Jim’s guest mix debut on John Digweed’s acclaimed Transitions Radio show.

With the launch of Misfit Records, the release of the Audio Therapy Spring/Summer Sampler (featuring Disc 2 mixed by Jim Rivers), a host of new productions and continued touring, Jim is without doubt one of the brightest prospects of the UK scene at the moment...watch this boy fly!

DISCOGRAPHY

• [EP] Jim Rivers "Restore EP" - Saw Recordings - June 06
    • [Single] Jim Rivers “Catch 22” – Saved Records – August 06
    • [EP] Jim Rivers "Square Route EP" - EQ Recordings - October 06
    • [Remix] Mike Miller “What you Feel” (Jim Rivers Mix) – Nascent Records - November 06
    • [Remix] The Remote “Like You” (Jim Rivers Mixes) – GU Music / Global Underground – December 06
    • [Remix] Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren “Light the Skies” (Jim Rivers Remix) – Baroque Records – March 07
    • [Single] Jim Rivers “Blackbox” – GU Music / Global Underground – May 07
    • [Remix] Quivver "Dancing in Dark Rooms" (Jim Rivers Mix) - BozBoz - June 07
    • [Remix] Gabriel & Dresden "New Path" (Jim Rivers Mix) - Organised Nature - July 07
    • [EP] Jim Rivers "I Go Deep" - Saw Recordings - September 07
    • [Remix] Mike Miller "Posh Swag" (Jim Rivers Mix) - Urban Torque - September 07
    • [Remix] Oliver Moldan "Club 69 EP" (Jim Rivers Mixes) - Audio Therapy - September 07
    • [EP] Jim Rivers "Moodswing" - CR2 Records - October 07
    • [Single] Paolo Mojo & Jim Rivers "Darkplace" - Oosh Records - November 07
    • [Remix] Jim Rivers Remix EP - Renaissance - November 07
    • [EP] Jim Rivers "Brassed Off EP" - Misfit Records - December 07
    • [Remix] Chris Barratt "Teardrops" (Jim Rivers Mixes) - Suesse Records - January 08
    • [Remix] Whelan & Di Scala "Outta Time" (Jim Rivers Mix) - Bachelor Pad - March 08
    • [EP] Jim Rivers "Through The Wall EP" - Misfit Records - March 08
    • [Single] Jim Rivers "The Next Step" - Cr2 Records UK - March 08
    • [Compilation Album] Audio Therapy Spring/Summer - Compilation CD Disc 2 Mixed by Jim Rivers – Audio Therapy - April 08
    • [Single] Paolo Mojo & Jim Rivers "Ron Hardy Said" (Original / Cirez D Rmx) - Pryda/Mouseville - April 08
    • [Single] Jim Rivers "Mirage" (Original / Redshape Remix) - Simple Records - May 08
    • [Remix] Paul Harris "I Love You" (Jim Rivers Remix) - Positiva Records - May 08
    • [Remix] Disciples of Sound "Afterdark" (Jim Rivers Remix) - Mode Recordings - May 08

--

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

Misfit Records's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

http://www.jimrivers.co.uk

--

Management enquiries: mike.miller@threesixzerogroup.com

Bookings: james@elitemm.co.uk
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: Jim Rivers - Transitions Guest Mix

OMG!!!!! I can't wait for this one to download. This guy is my favorite producer. I can't wait to buy Ron Hardy Said...Awesome track...about an awesome dj.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• |Thrax|
      Platinum Poster
      • Mar 2007

fucking fuck yea...

restore, dallas, i go deep... instant classic, instant choons... this guy is really really good.

im excited
      This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
      Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
        OMG!!!!! I can't wait for this one to download. This guy is my favorite producer. I can't wait to buy Ron Hardy Said...Awesome track...about an awesome dj.

gone too soon

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

A great producer and rmx fiend
          should have a whole slate of new monsters
          for the show.
          Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Jibgolly
            Vortexuralizor
            • Jun 2004

digweeds mix seems to END!!!!!!!! before it should.

other than that this weeks mixes are ace-gobble-ace

Comment

• asdf_admin
              i use to be important
              • Jun 2004

That's how you introduce a guest mix.

well done.
              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• Bender420
                Tickle me Elmo!
                • Jun 2004

looking forward to hearing this one.
                Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• clintlove
                  Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                  • Jun 2004

From what I've heard, it's pretty rockin. You'll like this Jamey.

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                    Not cool enough
                    • Jun 2004

Did anyone listen to it yet. I was checking it out and was rockin to it. The Ron Hardy track has samples taken from that Documentary...the history of house music, you can hear Derrick May talking about Hardy in it.
                    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• tudorvok
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Jan 2008

Jim Rivers is Awesome!

Comment

• Bender420
                        Tickle me Elmo!
                        • Jun 2004

i'm rockin' it right now.
                        Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

Yes rocking it right now too. Track at 26 mins is fucking sweet. Crazy beats and spacey breakdown, and the bassline right after. Nice.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
                            Shanghai ooompa loompa
                            • Jul 2004

But 38 mins is fucking irritating. Man these are the kinda sounds / repetitions I detest most in a track.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

And just as it couldn't get worse, it does at 40 mins. WTF.

Comment

Working...