X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

They call him Flipper, Flipper

In follow up to my earlier post regarding Rumsfeld's admission of no hard ties between Iraq and Al Qaeda, linked here:

Looks like Rumselfd is now taking a somewhat different position now:

When asked about any connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda, Rumsfeld said, "To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two."

But a short time later, Rumsfeld released a statement: "A question I answered today at an appearance before the Council on Foreign Relations regarding ties between Al Qaeda and Iraq regrettably was misunderstood.

"I have acknowledged since September 2002 that there were ties between Al Qaeda and Iraq."

What is it you Bushies say when Kerry takes one position and then later takes a different position? I forget.

Actually, in fairness, what he said in his statement was consistent with what he has said most of the time over this conflict, so it was really a reversal of a position he held for only a few hours before the Bush admin PR team got to him and "found a new nuance" in his statement. I guess that isn't that bad.

• Civic_Zen
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Rumsfeld is a <o<ksu<ker any way. Even most Bush supporters want that guy to perish painfully.
    "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
    "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• BSully828
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Re: They call him Flipper, Flipper

Agreed - him and Ashcroft are some scary individuals.
      Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
      a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Comment

• camposja
        Getting warmed up
        • Jul 2004

he does change his position a bit...
        but come on
        flip flop
        what kind of a name is that

come up with something better

Comment

• fluxus
          Fresh Peossy
          • Jul 2004

Flip - Bush didn't want an independent 9/11 commission. Then because of pressure from the Dems and the families of 9/11 he changed his mind and supported it. Flop

Comment

• Mr. T
            Getting warmed up
            • Oct 2004

Bush and his whole administration are fuked up! they make a claim and then go back on it and change it.....they are never able to make up their mind and also change things to suit their needs! its just a struggle for the power and the oil.....i hope kerry whoops his ass! atleast he'll try and sort out this huge mess that this monkey has created

Comment

• mixu
              Travel Guru Extraordinaire
              • Jun 2004

I have to say I admire Rumsfeld... he believes his own crap
              Ask me a question...

Comment

Working...