X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • progressive420
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Favorite mix comps which have fallen into obscurity

yeah i remember seeing the United Djs of America series...same thing, listened to them half assed at a local record store that had probably 85-100 % of them. But never bought any or heard them in full.

They had John Kelley, who is a bad ass breakbeat dj
    Marcus Shultz had one, I think Josh Wink did too, i dont remember who else.
    "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• clintlove
      Hey girl, ya Hungry?
      • Jun 2004

Frankie Bones, Mark Farina, Kimball Collins, I remember the Taylor mix being really good

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• da hype
        Getting Somewhere
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by progressive420
        Id say Max Graham Transport 4....which i absolutely love. i listen to it fairly regularly, its a really excellent mix and is hardly ever talked about. Its certainly worth checking out if you never have
        agreed....and speaking of Max Graham, i'll throw this one out there cause as far as prog mix cd, this one gets overlooked

Max Graham - Shine (CD) at Discogs

Comment

• progressive420
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

yeah man max graham is really great. His compilation Cycles that came out in 2008 wasnt too bad either. not as good as his older stuff but still legit. Saw him in Houston that year on tour

Comment

• Bender420
            Tickle me Elmo!
            • Jun 2004

josh wink's united dj's of america is one of the first electronic cd's i ever bought! i bought it because i heard don't laugh out at a club that played all kinds of music, not even mixed. i had a head full of acid when i heard it and went running up to the booth to ask what it was. and of course because of my state of mind i couldn't remember the name of it the next day! a few months later i came across a blurb about it in an issue of rolling stone i think. and with knowing his name i immediately went to the store to look for a cd of his. now that i think about it, i bought that cd before chemical brothers or the prodigy!
            Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• progressive420
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

there used to be a store out here called CD Warehouse that sold used and new cds. I didnt realize at the time how extensive the electronic music section was at the time. They had all those United DJs of America albums and all kinds of other cds, now of which we would consider obscure or at least hard to come by(if it wasnt for Amazon.com that is)

Comment

• Zover
                Banned
                • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Bender420
                josh wink's united dj's of america is one of the first electronic cd's i ever bought! i bought it because i heard don't laugh out at a club that played all kinds of music, not even mixed. i had a head full of acid when i heard it and went running up to the booth to ask what it was. and of course because of my state of mind i couldn't remember the name of it the next day! a few months later i came across a blurb about it in an issue of rolling stone i think. and with knowing his name i immediately went to the store to look for a cd of his. now that i think about it, i bought that cd before chemical brothers or the prodigy!
                I love the Don't Laugh track. I think the sample was taken from Death In Venice.

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Cream's En El Mar Punta Del Este is a seriously under appreciated no-named double CD mix.

Some seriously solid house grooves on that mix
                  Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• sbando
                    Going back to Romford
                    • Apr 2008

?

Various - Cream En El Mar: Punta Del Este - Beach Bar Grooves From Around The Globe (CD) at Discogs
                    ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                    ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                    ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                    ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

• Bender420
                      Tickle me Elmo!
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by progressive420
                      there used to be a store out here called CD Warehouse that sold used and new cds. I didnt realize at the time how extensive the electronic music section was at the time. They had all those United DJs of America albums and all kinds of other cds, now of which we would consider obscure or at least hard to come by(if it wasnt for Amazon.com that is)
                      and the old blockbuster music on tchoupitoulas had a huge selection back in the late 90's early 00's! i'm pretty sure that's where i got the josh wink!
                      Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• Simeon
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jan 2010

hooj great moments...
                        R-12342-1267998434.jpg
                        R-97179-1100008077.jpg
                        From Balearic to Techno...

http://www.mixcloud.com/Simon_G/
                        http://soundcloud.com/geosim

Comment

• el presidente Highsteppa
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

That's the mix. Excellent cd.
                          Score so far: Owned ZoverTard 8 times - twice in one week! Twice more in same weekend.

More than six months later - he's still pissed LOL - check the last visitor - guess who the last visitor is on my profile page.

His newest incarnation this week:♫♫♫♫♫♫

Comment

• sbando
                            Going back to Romford
                            • Apr 2008

It looks very nice.
                            ╔══╗............/\_¸_/\
                            ╚╗╔╝...........(=•_•=)
                            ╔╝(¯`v´¯).......ღ***ღ.*
                            ╚══`.¸. ...:::.(¯`•\|/•´¯) ☆*゚

Comment

Working...