• Show
Clear All
  • Lady Liquid
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2006

Production Benchmarc Records / DJDOWNLOAD.COM Remix Competition

BENCHMARC RECORDS / DJDOWNLOAD.COM REMIX COMPETITION

Entries Close 7th April 2008

Zimbardo’s Benchmarc Records once again throws up the opportunity to new, emerging and established talent to remix one of its forthcoming releases in 2008. Win this competition and you win a direct slot in the Benchmarc release schedule alongside Steve Angello, Deepgroove, Zimbardo, Mashtronic and Filterheadz. So, you’re in good company right?!

So who will you be remixing? Rhythm Code, that’s who! These guys have been ripping up the underground for years now, their big room remix of Harry Choo Choo Romero's hit 'What Happened' released on Slip n Slide led the way to further success when they were asked to remix DeLacys classic 'Hideaway' with Chris Lake. Naturally more collaboration work followed, spawning a string of releases under various different guises in particular Ashers Collaboration with Chris Lake as Ramsay seemed to stand out. Their debut release on Statra entitled 'Sweat' was featured on Pete Tongs Essential Selection and gained support from many top jocks, including Carl Cox and Laurent Garnier. So all in, a true underground duo that have always been big favs of Benchmarc label boss, Zimbardo.

The winner of the competition will have his / her remix feature on the full digital release, and will also be included in the full Benchmarc promo run that mails out to some of the world’s finest DJ talent, radio shows and magazine reviewers, guaranteeing that the winners remix will reach a truly international audience. Previous supporters of Benchmarc include John Acquaviva, Benny Benassi, Sebastian Leger, Mashtronic, Mason, Elite Force and many more.

So what are we looking for in a winning remix? Well, at Benchmarc (as the name suggests) we are all about quality! We’re looking for an accomplished final product that is well produced, arranged and mixed. And of course, it has to have that killer edge, whether it be Electro, Prog, Tech House or Breaks. Basically anything goes, and every entrant will be listened to personally by label boss Zimbardo who will make the final decision. (One small hint! We like it seriously dirty here at Benchmarc, so rough it up!)
    Please send LINKS ONLY for your mix in MP3 format (320kbps) using either your own FTP server or a service such as Yousendit.com, Sendspace.com or Mailbigfile.com.
    NB: Any MP3 sent direct to the Benchmarc email address will be automatically bounced back, and not listenened to.

Send you entry link to the following email address: info@benchmarcrecords.com Please also name your file in the following format:
    yourartistname_yourmixname.mp3
    Make sure you send your email address along with your entry so that we can make contact should you win the competition.

Closing date for entries will be at midnight on the 7th April 2008. The winner will be announced via email direct from Benchmarc Records. And the winning mix will feature in the full release alongside the original mixes from Rhythm Code.

Good luck to you all,
    Benchmarc Records UK

www.myspace.com/benchmarc
    www.myspace.com/djzimbardo
    www.myspace.com/rhythmcode

CLICK HERE TO ENTER

Last edited by Lady Liquid; March 9, 2008, 06:15:27 AM.
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: Benchmarc Records / DJDOWNLOAD.COM Remix Competition

No thank you. I can't see paying almost $9.00 for a track I don't know if I would even finish. I payed the $$ for the Sasha remix and never got anywhere close to even beginning it.

I hope they keep up the great work with their releases, as they are some good stuff. Though I'm not into that guy Mason's stuff. Stuff sounds too contrived to me.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• ShawnD64
      Quickshot the Minute Man
      • Jan 2005

agreed. i will not pay for a remix comp. not saying one way or the other whether you should charge or not... but i wont do it.
      http://soundcloud.com/scd64
      http://www.myspace.com/scd64
      http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Nigel Harkness
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

I just think it is BS that they are doing this, I understand that they are looking for "new and innovative" ways to make money but jesus christ don't charge us for some newcomers remix stems.

As much as I don't like it I will pay some money for Sasha or JXL stems but not some virtual unknowns.

Comment

Working...