X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Pete Tong blamed as 2000 gatecrashers wreck home

The paper article differs a little from the internet story .. it was a shout out, although he didn't give the full address out he's an easy target:

House party chaos blamed on Pete Tong
    Sunday, March 16, 2008

The owner of £3million house is demanding an apology from Pete Tong and compensation after 2,000 gatecrashers trashed the property when he publicised a party on his radio show.
    Rebecca Brooks is furious after the DJ put a 'shout out' on Radio One for a private 18th birthday party for daughter Sarah Ruscoe.
    Hundreds of teenagers descended on the listed building, causing a 5km traffic tailback. They smashed windows, doors and paintings and caused damage outside.

Havoc: Uninvited revellers arrive at the gathering

Police eventually used dogs to force the uninvited revellers away from Colehayes Park. Mrs Brooks said: 'I was flabbergas­ted and astonished that the BBC could be so irresponsible.

Trashed: Rebecca Brooks is furious the event got a mention on the radio

'I was aghast at Pete Tong. This was supposed to be a party for my daughter's schoolfriends and it should not have been announced on Radio One.' She said of the damage: 'I can only liken it to a rock festival.'
    The BBC said Tong did not specify the address of the venue of the party in Bovey Tracey, Devon, and that infor­mation about it was sent in by a listener to be one of his 'shout outs'.
    The corporation added: 'He would never knowingly give an identifiable address for a private ­party.'
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Garrick
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Jun 2004

are you kidding me? so just because he gave a shout out, 1000s of people show up to a party? what a joke. is a shout out from pete tong code for "come one, come all"? people give shout outs all the time. it doesn't mean go terrorize someone's house....

blaming it on pete tong is gay. it wasn't pete tong that broke their windows and kept invading their house and stealing things. maybe an apology is due, sure. but asking for compensation from him is absurd.
      Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• |Thrax|
        Platinum Poster
        • Mar 2007

called flashmob, google it..

internet fucks.. organize this shit, think its funny.
        This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
        Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

This is London magazine has been established for over 65 years, providing readers with information about events, exhibitions, music, concerts, theatre and dining. As life returns to normal, Londoners are heading back into the Capital and many visitors are already coming from further afield.

holy shit, 4000 people here! i'm sorry, that's a little immature. go to a fucking club to dance.
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

I've more respect for the jumped up little-thug gatecrashers than for that bunch of sad wankers !
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• threehills
              I heart Lollergirl
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Garrick
              holy shit, 4000 people here! i'm sorry, that's a little immature. go to a fucking club to dance.
              Depends on how you look at it. People doing it in England is deemed annoying. People doing it in North Korea or some other repressed country, it would be considered a celebration of freedom and youth and we would think its great how electronic music can unite a people.
              It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• Garrick
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

that also appears to be a little more civilized than the thread's article, no talk of trashing the place... but regardless, it is a riot by any US terms. wouldn't take the police long to jump in there with tear gas and billy clubs and pwn.

Comment

• |Thrax|
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Mar 2007

yea, thats destructive and shit.. trashing a house isnt cool.

but srsly.. that girl should be a promoter.
                  This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
                  Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

Working...