X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Straight Razors

just recieved my first one in the mail. It's vintage style. Was curious if anyone on here used these at all? I need to pick up a good brush and strop soonish, but I'm going to give it a go here in a bit without those (I purchased them pre-honed and pre-stropped so it's not that big o deal at this point).

you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----
  • DJJEFFJONES
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2005

Re: Straight Razors

If I used that I would definitly slice my neck for sure!

Good Luck
    http://www.idgafclothing.com

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

i've had a professional shave in a barber shop in toronto once...the proper kind where they really know what they're doing. obviously, best shave of my life. whether i'd trust myself not to screw that up is another question. hopefully you've got a steady hand!

Comment

• Funky Dredd
        Are you Kidding me??
        • May 2005

You should test this out on a balloon first. If you pop the balloon you know you just cut yourself
        Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• audiotherapy
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

"to shave the face, require the grace, to cut the hair require the flair"

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

more power to ya mate, dont see myself ever trying to use one of those things, lol

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

I'm too clumbsy in the morning .. I'd hack my face off !
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• rainman
                Platinum Poster
                • Dec 2005

used one regularly a few years back. smoothest shave period, but there is no small nick with one of these. takes a while to perfect as well.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

^ yeah that's what i've been reading. Not going to even bother with going against the grain for a few weeks i think. I'll also need to get good with stroppin' as well.

was really just sick of buying mach 3s. thought i'd try something more cost effective, environmentally friendly, and from what i've been hearing, gives a smoother shave than the disposables.

if i can remember, i'll post a before/after pick for those interested. Unless, of course, i slice through....
                  you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• MJDub
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

That would warrant a pic even more.
                    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Steve Graham
                      DJ Jelly
                      • Jun 2004

exactly.. when you do this, you need someone there with a camera in one hand and phone in the other to call 911

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

Also been toying with the idea of using a straight razor. They seem to be quite expensive for a piece of razor. And do they really shave that clean?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

potential desert slasher imo

Comment

• 88Mariner
                            My dick is smaller
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by feather
                            Also been toying with the idea of using a straight razor. They seem to be quite expensive for a piece of razor. And do they really shave that clean?

the new ones are very pricey. about 100+ all the way up to 1grand.

However, i just picked up two different ones, both 5/8's, for under 80 dollars for both, including shipping from california. I found them both on Straightrazorplace.com They do some inter-forum buying/selling/trading. Some really nice guys on there always willing to help out noobs like myself. They all advised me to buy some vintage ones so that if I didn't like it, i wasn't sunk into cost. Check it out imo. There are some other great forums like BadgerandBlade as well.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=aI4ak1lJgY4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

----PEACE-----

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

That guy makes it look effortless, even against the grain.

And this being GYY, I kept expecting to see him slice his neck open

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...