• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: 2009 Nissan Maxima.....

i dunno, i love my acura.

as far as the new maxima...i think I could design a better looking front end, and thats saying something.

Comment

• |Thrax|
      Platinum Poster
      • Mar 2007

Silvia and GTR's for life...

yeshhh, that new Maxi is fugly.
      This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
      Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

Originally posted by Dhar_2
        Japanese cars have no soul!

their manga has soul!!! but there cars dont!!!

lets take the maxima:-
        no soul - itsd japanese
        no greatness - well look at it
        warmth of mind - hmmmmmmmm doesnt seem well thoguht out does it! its FUGLY
        feeling - yep! wanna throw up!

case closed!
        so what you're saying is that because its ugly, its got no soul..... brilliant. Must be good wine you're drinking at work today
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Dhar_2
          meat and potatoes
          • Jun 2004

^ good wine - yes!

as for the fact its ugly, doesnt mean it doesnt have soul. there is a feeling i get with european cars that i dont get with japanese ones. take the maxima, ugly or not it lacks passion. there doesnt seem to be anything behind it. take your run of the mill astra or focus. there is something more evident, a flair, something that gives u feeling. difficult to explain, but its not about looks. u take an old saab from the 70's, its got soul. a micra doesnt. maybe its a fact of the mass production of the things (which i know all cars are) but the japanese ones lack that thing that renders them real. u have a relationship with a car. from the day u buy till the day u seel it/wreck it/lose it. i've had a few japanese cars and found them completely unfulfilling. this is were my thoughts stem from. crazy or not. its how i think. discuss.

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

^you bought the wrong japanese cars imo.

Originally posted by day_for_night
            i dunno, i love my acura. .
            Me too. Our lease is about up on the TL. not sure what we're getting next. love the G37, but they're all over the place.

Comment

• audiotherapy
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

well.. find me a car that isnt made by japs that gets me 30MPG, goes over 200Kmiles, excellent resell value and cheap maintaince.

I agree that some of these cars are not fun to drive, but those are family sedans! its made for its intended customers..

some of the jap cars that i think has "soul" miata, silvia, gtr, supra, nsx, lancer evo, wrx sti... and remember any decals you put on these rides will automatically get u + 5 HP!!!

I like the new Nissan GT-R is already spanking M3 and GT3 on the tracks...

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

Originally posted by audiotherapy
                well.. find me a car that isnt made by japs that gets me 30MPG, goes over 200Kmiles, excellent resell value and cheap maintaince.
                Have a 1997 Acura 3.2 TL (that I bought in 2000). Almost 167,000 Miles on the odometer, bought it used with 26,900 Miles on it (someone traded in their lease) the only things I changed in the car till date

- Headlights x Twice
                - High Mount Tail Lamp x Twice
                - 4 Sets of Tires x Twice
                - 4 Sets of Break Pads x 3 Times
                - Battery x Once
                - Random connector in Ignition that wore out over time x 1

Add to that regular Oil changes (I've just moved to synthetic oil), 2 Tranny Oil Changes and running the car on regular gas, havent' spent on anything much else. I just love it to pieces.
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• day_for_night
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                  ^you bought the wrong japanese cars imo.

Me too. Our lease is about up on the TL. not sure what we're getting next. love the G37, but they're all over the place.

i have an '03 TL Type-S A-spec (a mouthful, i know).

really looking at getting a new TL Type S (they reintroduced the "Type-S" in 200. Either that or a bmw 335xi. decisions...

Comment

• Jenks
                    I'm kind of a big deal.
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                    i have an '03 TL Type-S A-spec (a mouthful, i know).

really looking at getting a new TL Type S (they reintroduced the "Type-S" in 200. Either that or a bmw 335xi. decisions...
                    we have the 05 TL, with ASpec wheels and tires. lease is up this spring/summer. looking at a lot of things, including the 335. kinda depends on wether we stay in stlouis tho. lots of stuff in the air. the 335 is freaking fasssssst.

Comment

• Shpira
                      Angry Boy Child
                      • Oct 2006

^^You boys know how to have fun...I have my underground travel card :-)
                      The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                      Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• ddr
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                        we have the 05 TL, with ASpec wheels and tires. lease is up this spring/summer. looking at a lot of things, including the 335. kinda depends on wether we stay in stlouis tho. lots of stuff in the air. the 335 is freaking fasssssst.
                        335 for sure imo...

im lookin to pick one of those up in a year or two, definitely.

until then, driving an old 2000 mustang.. fun to drive but cant go up a steep hill for the life of it
                        "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

ive had my 335i since last july and i freaking love it, it is so damn fast and fun to drive...

Comment

• Dhar_2
                            meat and potatoes
                            • Jun 2004

all these american with too much cash and no worries about fuel prices.

do u guys even know what diesel is???

Comment

• Jenks
                              I'm kind of a big deal.
                              • Jun 2004

^Diesel fuel is more expensive than regular. My Acura gets good gas mileage. Thanks for the wonderful misguided advice tho.

Comment

• Kamal
                                Administrator
                                • May 2002

^^ thats true in the states but that's also because Diesel has been over-processed to higher federal standards for commercial use and less polluting levels in the US.

In India, diesel is cheaper than the shittiest form of Gas you can buy.
                                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...