X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeremy Micheal
    Getting warmed up
    • Sep 2006

DJing Ecler to release new Evo 4

in june ecler is expecting to release the new evo 4 to the public. appearently ecler wants to take the club installation market away from the djm800. no price listings yet however from an ecler rep, might be going for around $1500. due the US dollar declining to the Euro. the NUO 4 is around $750 so hopefully this will be more close to $1000 though i doubt it. however if this stands up to what ecler says its capable of, i think i just found my new mixer.

a few short blips..

full midi control, 29-33 assignable midi controls
    2 seperate loop samplers
    two seperate 18 effects banks. so you'll be able to run one effect on one channel while run another effect on a different channel
    all effects can be adjusted with 3 parameters pots
    able to switch midi and audio on the fly
    theres much more but those are some of the features

This website is for sale! evobyecler.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, evobyecler.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I Love Lamp
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Ecler to release new Evo 4

Originally posted by Jeremy Micheal
    appearently ecler wants to take the club installation market away from the djm800.
    they need to first realize that Allen & Heath has the club installation market, not pioneer.

Comment

• pr0ficient
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Apr 2006

Looks pretty sweet at first glance. I'm going to need to have some midi capabilities in my next mixer for sure!

Does it not have a midi firewire port? Just USB?

Comment

• kalin
        Getting warmed up
        • Jun 2005

It's a beauty =)
        It comes from inside, just listen ...

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
          they need to first realize that Allen & Heath has the club installation market, not pioneer.
          true, but the 800 is becoming very popular with dj's that cant be arsed using the efx1000

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

i see 4 things wrong with it. No separate led markers with each channel...makes you work on it like the old Rane mixers where you have to learn to use the channel in relation to the master. I don't like that at all. Even though I can do that.

One of the things I love about the X92 is how cool it looks while it's turned on with all those wonderful lights.

Edit: If they end up doing that. I thought of the idea and therefore my lawyer will insist that I BE PAID!!!!!!
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• kalin
              Getting warmed up
              • Jun 2005

@jeffrey -- you gotta look closer, bro, there are separate LEDs for each channel
              It comes from inside, just listen ...

Comment

• Jeremy Micheal
                Getting warmed up
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by pr0ficient
                Looks pretty sweet at first glance. I'm going to need to have some midi capabilities in my next mixer for sure!

Does it not have a midi firewire port? Just USB?

unfortunately no it does have firewire like the evo5 has.

I Love Lamp

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                  Not cool enough
                  • Jun 2004

yeah i see it now. i still think the A&H looks better, but this is pretty sweet looking.

anyone had any chance to take one for a spin yet?
                  My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Jeremy Micheal
                    Getting warmed up
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                    yeah i see it now. i still think the A&H looks better, but this is pretty sweet looking.

anyone had any chance to take one for a spin yet?

no doubt the xone92 looks better especially when its all light up.

this was just released at musikmesse. and will be on display and being used at Remix Hotel next week at WMC. unfortunately it wont be available to the public until june. ive talked with one the ecler wholesalers, even he hasnt gotten a chance to try it out yet. but will next week. ill post what his thoughts are about this mixer. though they will be alittle biased since he works for ecler.
                    I Love Lamp

Comment

• MetroSoul
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Feb 2005

so stoked, just bought one of these things, should come in a couple of weeks.
                      Groove is in the air

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                        Not cool enough
                        • Jun 2004

Please give us your full review when you have had it for a few days.
                        My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• lilsensa
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Yeah, full review or stfu!!
                          RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• MetroSoul
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Feb 2005

Now, a full review is a little bit challenging since I haven’t really mixed on too many other mixers and I’ve been really lazy and not mixing as much these days as I would like. My old Behringer POS, and a few Pioneer DJMs is all I really have to make comparisons to. I really would have liked to give the Xone:92 more of a test drive since a solid set of filters is really important to me and the really high sound quality sounded comparable. Regardless, I’ll give my humble thoughts, comments and concerns over my latest expensive purchase.

Now, the basics are all there (as you should expect), a handful of phono inputs and line inputs spread over four channels, which each have a 3 band EQ, gain knob, fader, A/B/None crossfader assign, and a PFL (Obviously, Spanish for cue. More likely Pre-fade listen, but I couldn’t seem to confirm that anywhere). One of the things that really intrigued me was the additional MIDI inputs. Essentially it seems, with the flip of a switch, you can turn each individual channel into a midi controller for your computer where you line up your tracks in traktor or some equivalent. I don’t have a midi interface just yet though (sounds like a Christmas gift for myself…).

It really seems to me like Ecler got all the little things right though, and it’s definitely why I’m so impressed with this machine. The EQ knobs are full cut (-infinity to ~+12 db) very smooth, and most importantly, humongous. This gives you the ability to fine tune the EQ levels on your channel much better than standard knobs obviously. Faders are silky smooth and there’s a master fader shape knob off to the side to adjust how they cut, and exact same thing goes for the crossfader. The default center settings for the fader shapes sounds about as linear as I could imagine. A small pet peeve is there isn’t a lot of play in it for tweaking a slightly sharper fades, as these types knobs slightly small (presumably so they don’t accdidentally get tweaked live, and most mixers I’ve seen are no different). I like a slightly early boost to my fades so I get more room to work in the last few decibels of a track, so it takes a little work to get my settings right, but I assume most others are the same way. Also, another little thing I like is that there are two rotary master outputs, as opposed to the common fader master outs. I’ve accidentally bumped master faders more than once as my slightly inebriated and clumsy hands try and fine tune something or other.

In comparison to Pioneer, and most other 4channel mixers, Ecler does the onboard effects noticeably different. Sandwiching the 4 channels are 2 effects channels, double and half time buttons, with 4 control rotaries, a PFL, a fader to control the amount of effect, and a “launch” button to activate. The first rotary from the top is an infinite encoder with a push button to select, (opposite of EQ knobs which have a finite range but non-discrete values inside this range, and no button) which allows you to select the channel of the effect (1-4, A, B, Other FX, Master and External). The second rotary is another infinite encoder push-button , to select the type of effect, of which there are many, and the button is to “set” when time of the effect starts (i.e. to tap when the bar or measure of your track starts to, for instantance, determine the peak of oscillation in your LFO.) Third effect rotary is also an infinite encoder push-button, and this one tweaks an effect specific parameter, such as the resonance of filters or the decay of echos, and the button allows you to manually “tap” out the BPM if the one it has detected is incorrect. And the last rotary is a finite one with non-discrete values, and no push-button, and this is the primary control parameter for the effect you’ve selected, such as the center frequency of your filters, or the feedback in your echo. The fader is pretty straight forward; fader down means no effect is being applied, fader up means full effect, and in the middle are infinite combinations of the two. The signal routing is designed well for the FX too. As opposed to other mixers I’ve played with, it doesn’t simply just route the some stage of the channel to the FX processor and then layer it on top of that channel in the master out. It seems to go entirely through whatever channel you’ve selected, including fader, and then completely reroute it through the FX, giving you excellent control. In terms of what actual effects are there, there’s enough to keep most people happy (I should hope), including HP, LP, BP filters, their LFO counterparts, flangers, echos, pitch, etc. The ping pong delay is a decent one I haven’t heard or seen anywhere else. There’s a few popular ones from the Pioneer I think are missing that it doesn’t seem Ecler could program or get the rights too, but I recall those ones as being a bit obnoixious anyways.

Hopefully this is enough to keep most people satisfied. I’m sure there’s more to write but these are the main features I feel set the Ecler apart from other comparable mixers. Really really happy with the sound quality and the impressive feel everything has to it. Everything really screams quality. Great FX, layout and control, and it should definitely be able to meet my needs as I try and branch out and do more with my DJing for some time to come.
                            Groove is in the air

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                              Not cool enough
                              • Jun 2004

Kinda making me wanna get one.
                              My Painting Blog

My Soundcloud page.

Comment