X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Luciano Fabric 41

All i have at the mo is the cover art, which by the way looks lovely .. more info to come as soon as i get it in my paws ..

• Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: Luciano Fabric 41

hmm

hopefully should be good!

love the cover!!

looking forward to it. wasnt overly keen on robert hoods!

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

sometimes the best thing about a fabric disc is the cover (not saying that'll be the case with this one...)

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
        • Oct 2005

Mark Farina is doing 40 , Âme to do 42 i hear

Comment

• Dhar_2
          meat and potatoes
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
          sometimes the best thing about a fabric disc is the cover (not saying that'll be the case with this one...)
          their old metal tins were brilliant. the fabric covers have always been amazing

have to admit as packaging goes the os series was by the far best. all in card and what not

Originally posted by johns
          Âme to do 42 i hear
          cool!

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

I love the story about Luciano at the DC10 opening party - the ibizan police raided the place and stood behind him in the booth looking menacing and telling him to stop playing (which he does).

Next thing the mood of the crowd turns, and the polizia shite their pants. Luciano pulls out a DC10 classic, drops it - the place goes nuts and the Police leave sheepishly, leaving the party to continue !

Respect !
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
              Not cool enough
              • Jun 2004

yeah didn't get into the robert hood mix. Might like it if i stuck it in a cdj and slowed it down to 127.

Looking forward to Luciano...even though you pretty much have the idea that it will be filled with Cadenza tracks.

AME's Fabric could be very cool.
              Jeffrey Collins: Painter
              My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
              My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                I love the story about Luciano at the DC10 opening party - the ibizan police raided the place and stood behind him in the booth looking menacing and telling him to stop playing (which he does).

Next thing the mood of the crowd turns, and the polizia shite their pants. Luciano pulls out a DC10 classic, drops it - the place goes nuts and the Police leave sheepishly, leaving the party to continue !

Respect !

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by simonr

Respect !
                  Did this really happen ??

Comment

• fer_
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2005

cant waitttt

cadenza sound

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Not a fan of this cover, prefer the previous recent ones. Thought Robert Hood's fabric was ok, was thinking to myself when listening to it, this is the first techno-sounding comp I've heard in years. Ame will be wicked I'm sure.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• peloquin
                        Till I Come!
                        • Jun 2004

i bought his sci.fi.hi.fi and its the worst of the series so far (its okay... but nothing special imo.) he is a great dj from sets ive heard and i like cadenza so i have high hopes for his. the farina and ame ones too for that matter.

and i love the robert hood one!

Comment

• simonr
                          Transitionator
                          • Jun 2004

Hi Johns - yes it did really happen ... the full story was in mixmag in the summer when they covered ibiza club closures.
                          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• raoul
                            Getting warmed up
                            • Apr 2008

From RA, it looks pretty damn good!!

Cadenza boss Luciano mixes minimal, tribal and house on his new mix for Fabric. Fabric 41 is out next month.

Luciano is famously averse to CD mixes, but Fabric have managed to twist his arm into delivering the goods. “For me, the hardest thing to do is make a mix CD. Really,” says Swiss/Chilean minimal star. “It was a big decision for me to do a CD for Fabric. To me, mixing is about the live moments, it’s about the moment you live with the people: that’s why you choose one record, and this is how you push the music. So to make a mix CD and already have a playlist in my head, it’s something that disturbs me. Then I know I have to play this and that—I feel obliged to do something rather than feeling free to just create something."

“It was really difficult for me,” he adds. “I always try to think, ‘what music do I like?’ and I try to make something a bit more natural. Not too soft or too thin, and not screaming either, but to mix both together. I try to use also a lot of tools, some elements that I can put in and put out, so it’s more like a composition, but it’s still very tough to make a mix feel right. I took a very dance-approach and I tried to make a sort of crescendo, musicwise. It starts a little bit deeper with fewer elements and slowly it modifies and modulates into something more charged and more rhythmic.”

Fabric 41 is Luciano’s second commercial mix, and follows up Sci.Fi.Hi.Fi Vol. 2. Like that mix, it begins in minimal territory, slowly building to floor-oriented house climax before finishing on the gentle techno of Chymera’s ‘Arabesque’.

Tracklist

01 Rhadoo – Slagare – Cadenza Records
                            02 Brothers’ Vibe – El Baile [Acapella]– Som Underground
                            03 D’Julz – Yo Momo – Intacto Records
                            04 Los Updates Ft. Luciano – Getting Late [Luciano’s Getting Late Remix] – Cadenza Records
                            05 Reboot – Be Tougher – Cadenza Records
                            06 Alex Picone – Floppy – Cadenza Records
                            07 Sety – Mogane (Guillaume & The Coutu Dumonts Remix) – Circus Company
                            08 Johnny D – Orbitalife – Oslo Records
                            09 Julien Jabre – Jungle Beatz – Defected
                            10 M83 – In Church – Gooom Disques
                            11 Inner City – Good Love [Luciano Remix] – KMS
                            12 Phuture – Rise From Your Grave [Tiefschwarz Remix] – Strictly Rhythm
                            13 Schneider, Galluzzi – Albertino – Cadenza Records
                            14 D’Julz – So You Know – Ovum
                            15 Kenny Larkin – You Are Original – Planet E
                            16 Chymera – Arabesque - Tishomingo
                            filthy boy

Comment

• anonin
                              Juvenile Delinquent
                              • Oct 2005

that cover is the best fabric cover yet imo, basically shows that its going to be the best fabric mix yet imo, can't wait!

Comment

Working...