X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dj Lunchtray
    Getting Somewhere
    • Mar 2008

Florida Scene

So, I grew up in Florida and used know all the good party spots. Then I moved to the SF bay area for 5 years. Now I'm back in Florida and don't know what's going on, things have changed. Is there anything cool happening besides WMC?? I'd like to think there is...
    If anyone knows some places that have regular fun stuff going down, please pass on the info. I need to stop being a hermit and get out and listen to music more than once a year.
    Remember, pain is just weakness leaving the body, keep dancing.
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Florida Scene

first off, where in florida do you live? there are lots of people on this board from florida, but florida is a rather large state, my friend.
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Dj Lunchtray
      Getting Somewhere
      • Mar 2008

yeah true. I am just north of west palm beach, but I also make my way over to the left coast fairly often to the sarasota area. I'm always down to travel for good music though.

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

well i don't know of anything around that area.

but i can guarantee you someone does. how's wmc been so far? besides the bartender....
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Dj Lunchtray
          Getting Somewhere
          • Mar 2008

I had a blast. even that bartender was great, in the way that really awful things are cool because you can't believe how bad they are. I always have fun at wmc, but this year was exceptional because of the people I was with and because of that set diggers did at vagabond. i've already forgotten everything else I heard that whole week because theres just no room for it my brain with that 4 1/2 hours of madness bouncing around.

Comment

• Garrick
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

well there are tons of people on this board that are down in miami right now so check the threads and i'm sure you could hook up with some of them while they are down there. they are crazy though... you've been warned.

Comment

• Dj Lunchtray
              Getting Somewhere
              • Mar 2008

ugh, theres no way I could handle any more miami right now. i love that city, but only in small doses. I gotta recuperate for a while before I head south again

Comment

• scifi pi
                Addiction started
                • Oct 2004

search for Johnny Dangerously and DJ Storm on MySpace. They live in the West Palm area and can give you the low down on West Palm Beach. Definitely alot more different than Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood Hardrock and Miami club scenes.

Comment

• Dj Lunchtray
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Mar 2008

cool, thanks for the info scifi, i'll look em up

Comment

• jay813
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2005

not much in the tampa area. we do have hyde park cafe on saturdays and have seen sasha there and chris fortier there twice...florida was big on the breaks scene but that has pretty much died out.

Comment

• jay813
                      Platinum Poster
                      • May 2005

april fools?

Comment

• Dj Lunchtray
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by jay813
                        april fools?
                        is that a april fools joke about breaks being dead in florida? lol. I was at the FSOB party, which pretty much sucked. Krafty Kuts was really good, but thats about it. It's a shame cause I like breaks, but Florida has always had bad taste in breaks if you ask me. And for some reason a breaks party always has the EQ way too loud.

Comment

• jay813
                          Platinum Poster
                          • May 2005

nah the april fools reference was because i double posted.

i havent listened to breaks since i got into house music around 2002, that was about the same time the scene here died, but i wasnt around to witness it. i moved back to tampa last year and it was nowhere to be found.

Comment

• Dj Lunchtray
                            Getting Somewhere
                            • Mar 2008

I just downloaded Funky desert Breaks 1 and 2. I've bought those cds so many times over the years, and I just keep wearing them out. Such great albums. I would love to see a good breaks scene start up in Fl, but I doubt it'll happen.

Comment

Working...