X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

I'm Going to See Danny Howells!

I'm off to Opera tonight to see Danny play a 6 hour set... no opener, just the man himself playing the whole time, from 9pm-3am+. i'm extatic! i haven't seen him in over 4 years. and the fact that he is playing the whole time gives me goosebumps! firs time to be in opera too after they changed from eleven 50!

review to follow, but don't count on me listing off tracks. i'm not like some of you heads out there that can just reel them off. woohoo!!!!!!!!
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?
  • 3ibb3
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2005

Re: I'm Going to See Danny Howells!

your in for a real treat

have fun

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

thats the way to see danny. when he opens for himself, starts off with house, moves into prog, then straight up filthy techno and tech house. love seeing that guy spin, always on form.

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

Ohhh i didnt realize eleven50 opened as a new venue. if you can manage to find some whore to post pictures i'll gladly give you $2 towards a cab ride home.

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

have fun, nice score with a set from him for the whole night btw, danny is a legend, one of my favourites (#2 behind diggers).

Comment

• AntonyM
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Oct 2004

Seeing him tommorrow in NYC
            should massive
            Originally posted by Shpira
            So came back last night...
            Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
            Originally posted by Illuminate
            Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
            2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
            3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
            4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

^^ shocks, pegs, lucky!!

Comment

• AntonyM
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

Will shoot a bit of video of course
                Originally posted by Shpira
                So came back last night...
                Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                Originally posted by Illuminate
                Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Garrick
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

alright so i didn't stay the whole time because i had to leave (ride left)... but i will say this:

got there as mr howells went on around 9:30ish... not many people in the club, but it was perfect. it was the first time i've been in the new remodeled club (former eleven50, cool club). i've been in tons of times before they changed ownership, poured tons of money into and remodeled. the scene was cool. like i said, not many people at the start, but i saw some fresh faces that i hadn't seen in forever. so it was cool.

the dance floor is HUGE now. and they still have two upper levels for 'vip' (down on the floor is better anyways. fsshhhthttt). they got rid of the entrance walk way with the HUGE wall that went all the way back to the bar... all the way in the back... which made a huge difference on the dancefloor. they changed the bar location from the back to both left and right sides, both just as big as the one was in the back. that was nice. i never waited for a drink. they also had a completely new color/mood scheme in the place which was ok. there were speakers staring right at you all over when you're on the floor, but this place has always been loud as hell. the one big thing i don't like about this place before and after the remodeling, and people in atlanta can testify; they put big djs up on the stage at a really high level. you can barely see what danny is doing (although i'll tell you, that guy interacted with us all the time trying to get us to see him and get us on page with him. it fucking worked. the crowd dug it. he gave us fake binocluars at one point which had people laughing).

howells played some stuff just like hambino21 said. he also played a bunch of tracks from the EG Tour Promo in the [ms]promo section. he started out really mellow, kind of like choons from miami gu. i fucking love that first cd. recognized a bunch of tracks as he progressed... again i can't tell you the names, sorry. it went to funky from chill house for a couple tracks then he let out the techno and just progressed, got off a really good vibe to the crowd. again, it never was really crowded and i wasn't afraid to let my shoulders swing. i was able to see a proper dj. i got see a lot of tail. i was able to listen to some really really solid music. and i regret leaving... but i had to. anyhow. fuckin good time. he definitely was about to wreck the place when i left if he hadn't already. i was dancing more than i have in a while. go see him when he comes your way!
                  Last edited by Garrick; April 3, 2008, 11:40:14 AM.
                  Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

nice! ive seen danny in back in the day during his nubreed and 24:7 tours...hes a legend. great to see he is still the man, cant wait to check him out again.

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

man i listened to his 24:7 yestrday, nubreed cd 1 twice today and miami cd 1 today once to get ready for this shit.

i loved it.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • May 2006

both discs of 24:7 = totally amazing.
                        disc 1 of nubreed, disc 1 of miami = totally amazing.
                        disc 2 of nubreed and 2 of miami = amazing.

you can understand why i like him...

Comment

• res0nat0r
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • May 2006

oh and all 3 of his NF releases = amazing.

Comment

• Garrick
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

trying to keep up in post count when it doesn't even matter to you. dhar_2 is going to be mad.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • May 2006

^^noobz!!!!!

Comment

Working...