X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottpuig
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jan 2005

Photo Hobby help

Hey I have noticed that there are a few people on here that are nice with a camera and it has almost pushed me over the edge on a bug I have for photography myself.

I was wondering if anyone would help with some advice,

First my budget is $250-$300 dollars
    Second I am just doing this as a beginers hobby that may develop into more

what would be a good camera to start with

and do I need to go with a SLR
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Photo Hobby help

add an extra $100 to it and get the Canon G9. Beginniners Pre-SLR advanced Camera that you won't go wrong with.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• scifi pi
      Addiction started
      • Oct 2004

I second that. Goto www.dealmac.com - Dell has a good price at $425 (-$75 from suggested retail). The 12.1 megapixel alone is amazing. Check here for indepth review - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong9/ You need to also think about investing in a larger memory card and spare.

Comment

• scottpuig
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jan 2005

would the G9 be a better camera than a equally priced rebel?
        and does it allow interchangeable lenses?

isn't that something I will want?

Comment

• |Thrax|
          Platinum Poster
          • Mar 2007

i am an medium to advanced shooter, and I would say the g9 is a great bet for a non-slr camera.

great construction, a good solid versatile lens, its not slr, so no interchangeable, but you can achieve wonderful shots regardless.

in fact, i may buy one, for a backup, and take to coachella camera
          This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
          Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• pdowney
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
            add an extra $100 to it and get the Canon G9. Beginniners Pre-SLR advanced Camera that you won't go wrong with.
            My father's taking a photography course right now and he said the instructor just bought a G9 and really likes it. So that's a pretty positive recommendation.

If you don't want to add the $100, I have one of these, a Panasonic TZ3, which has just been upgraded to this, a TZ5. It's more pocket size than the Canon and takes wonderful pictures. My trip to Arizona last year: http://picasaweb.google.ca/philip.downey
            Philip

Comment

Working...