X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Toronto Sasha & Digweed show: roll call

they gave us some crap excuse about documentation being lost for Sasha. I think he just partied too hard the night before. he was at the gig, hiding in the shadows, wearing a baseball cap.

digweed was fantastic, but i'm sorry it should have been longer. turning the lights on for 1200 clubbers at 5am in Toronto is a complete joke.

really happy i flew four hours for this...not as much.

there will be much more later on when i sober the hell up.

Comment

• pr0ficient
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Apr 2006

that sucks sasha didn't play

At least he pulled that last night so he'll be fine for tonight (hopefully)

btw, what time did John step on stage?

Comment

• Global Eyes
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

If i would have know it was only John, i would have made the trip. fuckin sucks.

Comment

• pdowney
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

I arrived about 12:45, so I missed the [ms] meetup. Kazell was on (I think), and went until 1:15. I enjoyed his set; like a lot of you have said, he was very good with some cool tracks.

Yes, Sasha was a no-show. I meant to take picture of the signs they had up, but forgot. Something about gear being held up at the border. I had all these 'vortex' thoughts in my mind about an extended Digweed set, and a good laugh thinking of all the people complaining about the alternating hours at other stops.

John was onstage at 1 and took over at 1:15. It was all 'techno', going by beatport's sorting methods. Nothing prog or minimal or trance for the two hours I heard. I didn't stay the whole night. There is no doubt he was super precise with all his mixes. Put that together with perfect track selection, and he's nearly impossible to beat.

Trainspotting: The new A Thousand Nights mix, the new Smith/Selway track (chugga-chugga-siren-siren), and the Radioslave remix of Gridlock, which really blew up the place.

I was hoping to hear Coma, but didn't.

I left around 3:30. I think I was having some kind of contact low from all the bud in the air.

My pics are terrible, so you STFU.
          Philip

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

hahaha, not like this is the first time sasha has "missed his flight"

Comment

• DancingQueen
              AVB FanClub | President
              • Oct 2005

That really sucks....glad I didn't drive 2hrs and spend all that $ for nothing.
              sigpic
              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

lol.. wouldnt call digweed nothing.. but i see your point

Comment

• chanty
                  John, John, where art thou!
                  • Jun 2004

The Guv handled it really well. They gave us 2 drink tickets and a pass for tonight for Sasha not playing. I would prefer Sasha though! I'm kinda sad he pulled that.
                  Anyway...Diggers delivered as usual! My legs are sore today and I'm still drunk.
                  It was great to meet DannyBoy (again) and Jeff! I'm sure I'll be seeing you guys out and about!
                  Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• chanty
                    • Jun 2004

Oh yeah...thanks Jeff for the c.d. Looking forward to listening to it! I'm surprised it made it home with me 'cause I had no place to put it, so I shoved down the front of my pants.
                    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• chanty
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by pdowney
                      I left around 3:30. I think I was having some kind of contact low from all the bud in the air.
                      The air was rather thick with it eh? Didn't bother me though....I contributed to that plume!
                      Btw, that's still a lame excuse for leaving early. wuss!

Comment

• DancingQueen
                        AVB FanClub | President
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                        lol.. wouldnt call digweed nothing.. but i see your point
                        Sorry, Digger's isn't nothing, but the reason I was considering going was to see them together...I've seen them enough separately that having only Digger's show up would have been a huge disappointment for me personally
                        sigpic
                        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• day_for_night
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

i was actually HAPPY to hear sasha wasn't playing. couldn't wait to catch a set just from john that would be at least something comprable to what he played at vagabond. well it was pretty damned good, but it didn't feel like a complete set. and what the hell was with the no encore and no real "final" track?? he played this tune with a build up to nowhere and then just walked off the stage. they turn the lights on and you could hear the entire club go..."HUH!?!".
                          wish the crowd had been more into the show, and i wish had ended when it was supposed to, my only two complaints really. the excuse that was being floated for the premature ending was that they had to end at 5am to catch a bus to Chicago. honestly, not good enough! at least give us an encore track!

a couple of positives...there was actually enough room to dance, and the sound was great.

will post vids and pics after i fly home tonight.

Comment

• JK224
                            Addiction started
                            • Oct 2005

I decided not to go.
                            Last edited by JK224; June 5, 2008, 12:36:12 PM.

Comment

• pdowney
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by chanty
                              The air was rather thick with it eh? Didn't bother me though....I contributed to that plume!
                              Btw, that's still a lame excuse for leaving early. wuss!
                              If I had known it would end at 5, I probably would have stayed. I guess I'll have to accept the wuss label temporarily.

On the drive home I was pondering a city/province that forces nicotine smokers outside, while covert pot smokers are fine indoors....
                              Philip

Comment

• darktribal
                                Addiction started
                                • Jun 2004

Sorry the Toronto show was a disappointment........it kinda has me down for the Chicago show tonight. Maybe they were just saving their full energy for tonight
                                For if you do it right you'll find the moment never ends. -phish

Comment

Working...