CHRIS FORTIER - .AUdio on Proton (June 18)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrantT
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Yeah, I'm quite happy with this little collection of sets for the June edition.

Justin & Piero are absolutely shithot, and that's no exaggeration. I'm pegging these two to do awesome things in the future. As I said above, the mix has a real 24:7 feel to it as far as my ears can tell.

The Tigz set is going to be right up your alley if you like that Saeed & Palash, Moshic'ish type of sound. Those Reason parties are heaps of fun and this set captures exactly what I like about them.

As for Fortier - the "no download" situation is a direct result of the amount of unreleased material in the set. The labels will go ape basically. He was playing SO much of it off CDs.

By the way - I happen to record over 4 hours of Zabiela last Friday at Lot 33 in Canberra. If you cast your mind back about a year, you'll remember an [ms] hosted set from that location which I also recorded. Well - this is the follow up Unbelievably cool. I really hope I get the okay from James to release it for the July edition.
    Australia's best - .AUdio on www.protonradio.com

Comment

• djbucko
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

no download on the fortier front hey?

oh well, im sure someone out there will be ripping.

Comment

• contain
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

sweet!! a nice new fortier set to start the summer!! good job grant!!

FORTIER RULES!!

p.s. anyone have any idea when losing wait is being released?

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GrantT
          As for Fortier - the "no download" situation is a direct result of the amount of unreleased material in the set.
          Dude, this makes me want to cry. Seriously, I've been craving a new Fortier set for months.

Comment

• phazon
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

Awww man, I missed this one. Gutted!

Dunno how you do it Grant, you must be responsible for the most consistently brilliant show out there. Keep it up!

That Zabiela sounds tasty!
            ----------------------------

Comment

• ultramdma
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jun 2004

grant u plan on releasin dis baby as mp3 too?

Comment

• picklemonkey
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ultramdma
                grant u plan on releasin dis baby as mp3 too?
                He said he couldn't... not for a long time, at least. I missed it too, and am pretty pissed about it. I definitely want to hear it, if anybody streamripped this you gotta share. I won't tell anybody.

Comment

• GrantT
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

For my tastes, I actually think the two local live sets are better than Chris' anyway - but that's just my personal opinion.

I think if you cast your eyes towards inthemix.com.au in the near future, you'll be able to get an on-demand version of the mix though. A certain someone (ie: me) runs their online audio section.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                    • Jun 2004

Grant, you rule. What bitrate are most of the files on that site?

Comment

• GrantT
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

I've only just recently taken over management of it, so additions from over a month ago are 64k Windows Media streams. Pfft. Pathetic.

So! Everything I'm putting up from now on (including Fortier) will be a minimum of 96k Windows Media stream. Once we upgrade the server to Windows 2003, I'll be making all the streams MBR (Multiple Bit Rate) which basically means they'll go as high quality as your connection can handle.

You guys should know how I am about audio quality. If it ain't top notch, I'm not interested.

(All the sets I record are done on DAT at 48Khz, including Fortier's)

Comment

• picklemonkey
                        • Jun 2004

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood. At least that'll give me a chance to give it a decent listen. Let us know when it's posted, man. I definitely want to catch it the second time around.

Comment

• Garrick
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

sounded like he struggled with the first mix, but overall i foogin dug this set alot... good songs as usual from chris and another good show on aUdio... thanks grant.
                          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• GrantT
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

All good guys.

And as promised - Chris Fortier's mix that I featured on Proton last week is now available for on-demand streaming with thanks to inthemix.com.au

Link is here:

I would also very strongly recommend you check out another of the mixes on there from Scott Oliver. I featured that set on .AUdio in the previous show and it made it to the "sets of the week" Sunday show. Awwwesome.

Link is here for that:

The broadband streams are 96k Windows Media for those who are interested.

Hope you guys enjoy what's on offer!

Comment

Working...