• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drucki
    Getting warmed up
    • Mar 2008

Wlan: notebook - sound system

do you have any expiriences of connecting your notebook with your reciever
    via wlan. like whats the best solution? is there any big quality loss (ok...you already have it with mp3) or resrtictions when you use it with other wlan applications simultaneous.
    It would be much more comfortable orgnizing my playlists directly on my notebook, playing from it and still having the freedom to move.
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: Wlan: notebook - sound system

I didnt know you could connect it via WLan, I did know that some of the newer receivers have a built in ethernet jack that you can connect to your PC/Laptop and then through some MS technology (dont remember the name) and by sharing your media folder, you can access/control it through your receiver/remote.

Unless they have come up with a wireless version of that technology which is even more ultra cool.

I dont imagine you will have any quality loss since its not transferring the songs as "audio" as opposed to a "data" file and then decoding and playing it back on the receiver.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• drucki
      Getting warmed up
      • Mar 2008

there is the terratec noxon iradio: http://www.terratec.net/en/products/...adio_2212.html . you can connect it with your hifisystem and you have in some way access to your desktop/notebook or harddrive (about 180€). but i don't know exactly how it works - i think you can manage your music only from this radio but not directly from the notebook. an reciever wiith an itegrated wlan would be very cool.
      But isn't there a wlan station who recieves the data and you simply just connect via the aux/cinch system to your hifi? in some way how terratec describes its product, but with having all the controll out of your notebook

Comment

• beanzncheez
        Banned
        • Jun 2004

I remember reading about broadcasters but they're kind of the opposite of what you're asking for.

Comment

Working...