X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weizy
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jun 2004

sasha & digweed ten minutes after...

So I am hamboned from a sequence of kazell, sasha and of course diggers. As I have long said the house of blues is a sick venue. i will follow later tomorrow...either way those boys fully exceeded expectations...Sasha TOTALLY redeemed himself from some of the horseshit sets he has played in minneapolis. Digweed warped my mind just as expected...

More to follow...
  • Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Re: sasha & digweed ten minutes after...

Man these guys travel soo much.. It is amazing. It seems every day they are in a new place with new threads popping up every where. They must be millionaires by now..

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Glad u had a good night ... pity these sets are under lock & key.

How was the Diggers schmortex ?
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• itsjung
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

wait a minute...they must be millionaires by now? i thought they were since like yearsssssssss ago no?

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

Way to check in so closely following the mayhem
          Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Bender420
            Tickle me Elmo!
            • Jun 2004

such a good night of music! and yea, that house of blues is an incredible venue. it puts ours to shame down here. just got back to new orleans. i'll comment more on the night after i finally get some sleep.
            Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• Weizy
              MCast Resident DJ
              • Jun 2004

After a few days of recovery I am finally feeling up to snuff we Minnesotans are not used to being in the club til way past 4am.

Anyways here is my take on the show:

Both Milo and Kazell played very appropriate warmup sets imo. It seems as if Kazell was granted the green light to pump it up towards the latter part of his set around midnight or so. Once Sasha got on at 12:30 he wasted absolutely NO time in bringing the energy up which the crowd seemed to love. Sasha kept it pumping with a load of tracks to which I have never heard so sorry I have no ids to share

Digweed got an hour later and absolutely blew the place up with an uncanny mix of dark driving tracks with HUGE HUGE HUGE drops that literally had me losing it along with my other mates....all I can say is WOW! Once Diggers put the crowd into a spincycle I can't really describe what I saw except to say that is was the best show I have EVER been to in my young life. This show absolutely blew away the inital Delta Heavy tour in 2002. Both of those guys brought their absolute A game and I highly recommend everyone on this board do their best to catch a glimpse of that those lads are putting out on this tour.

Chicago crowd was great and as always I love the HOB Chicago. Nice work Chi-town...great show...great venue...amazing DJ show.

Nuff said...enjoy mates!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

glad you enjoyed mate!

but.. if it took you a few days to recoup after one show, you'll need a month if you ever make it to somethinig like wmc or demf

oh, cheers for the comment on mcast mate, much appreciated!

Comment

• Weizy
                  MCast Resident DJ
                  • Jun 2004

No prob Steve that was a quality mix indeed!

I am yet to brave the WMC or DEMF...probably cuz I am a sally

Comment

• miketpoto
                    Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                    • Jan 2005

Hey kids. I'll be in Minneapolis Next week. Anything fun happening? Monday through thursday night?

Comment

• Weizy
                      MCast Resident DJ
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
                      Hey kids. I'll be in Minneapolis Next week. Anything fun happening? Monday through thursday night?
                      If you have it in you for a blinder...S&D are at Epic tonight in downtown Minneapolis. Not sure if it's sold out as of today.

Comment

• miketpoto
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Weizy
                        If you have it in you for a blinder...S&D are at Epic tonight in downtown Minneapolis. Not sure if it's sold out as of today.
                        I see your reading comprehension skills aren't back yet!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

hahaha.. this isnt next week yet?

Comment

• miketpoto
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                            hahaha.. this isnt next week yet?
                            Not in NYC at least.

Comment

• phil
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by miketpoto
                              Hmmm... Too bad you didn't come this weekend (I'm assuming it's for work). Nothing NYC esque but Bruno Pronsato and Derek Plaslaiko at an all night after hours that'll go till at least 7 AM, Kraftwerk, Hot Chip, and a few others all on Friday and Saturday. Let me pull up the calendar for next week.
                              Providing Aural Satisfaction

Comment

Working...