RLD002 Anthony Pappa - Outback | OUT NOW !!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • groovecollection
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jan 2006

RLD002 Anthony Pappa - Outback | OUT NOW !!!

Anthony Pappa - Outback
    1. Pappa & Chad's In Front Mix
    2. Applescal Remix
    3. Darko Esser Remix

Release date: 16th of April (Beatport excl. pre-release)
    Label: Red Light District 002

Release Info:

Anthony Pappa’s new record label kicked off with a stunning first release by Federico Epis called “Mare”. With a Pappa remix it immediately got the attention from the big boys like Hernan Cattaneo, Quivver and Eelke Kleijn. Now Anthony Pappa returns with his own studio project together with Chad Jackson, also a member of Dave Seaman’s Group Therapy. With remixes coming from Dutchies Applescal and Darko Esser this second release comes just in time for moving the WMC crowds...

The ‘Pappa & Chad's In Front Mix’ of “Outback” starts off in serenity as beautiful soundscapes and a lush pad make their way to the foreground. A subtle deep bass makes us aware of things to come... then sudden a fierce kick takes us away. We’re off on a beautifully decorated path created by Pappa and Chad Jackson with various lush, spacy and even mechanic sounds surrounding us. Without a break “Outback” drags us towards a hypnotic state of happiness.

First remix comes from young Dutch prodigy Applescal. Anthony featured his track “Joey’s Mouse” to his compilation cd “Moments” and gave him a chance to shine on this occasion too. And boy, did he turn in a killer remix... Applescal turns things the other way around creating a big, phat dancefloor killer of “Outback”. The track slowly builds keeping certain elements from the original, but mostly introducing new ones. Such as the big, freaky bassline and synths. The break is carefully crafted and things will go mad after...

Nijmegen based Darko Esser turns in the other remix. He tones things down and what’s left is a catchy minimalistic (not minimal) tune with just the right amount of groove. The groove relies heavily on the percussive elements, while a bouncy bass and techy pads do the rest. Darko Esser also adds more techno to the original keeping things fresh and cool.

Also watch out for the upcoming Logiztik Sounds remix !!

DJ Support:

Jody Wisternoff: love the original !!
    Nick Warren: "This is mix mate , Brilliant"
    Eelke Kleijn: Great tracks! I can't really choose, will play them all at different times I think
    Steve Parry: original and darko esser mixes for me!
    Chloe Harris: i like original most, but darko’s is really cool too. a different mood.
    Luca Ricci: nice !!! I’ll test it soon
    Dan Mangan: Original is the biz. Radio/chart/gig support all the way on this.
    Tyler Michaud: Appelscal remix is sick. will support.
    Darin Epsilon: Anthony Pappa is on a roll lately. My favorite mix is the Pappa and Chad's In Front Mix. Works great as an intro type track. Really groovey and melodic, this is an interesting side to Anthony that we haven't seen in quite some time. The Applescal mix is good too, should be popular amongst the more Techno and Tech House oriented crowd.
    Stefan Bauer (Prog. House): excellent that Applescal remix is pure madness!
    Francesco Pico: Really like the Pappa & Chad in Front mix, nice one!
    Damon G: Strings!!! Woo party. Love it, has a great flow, and by a legendary dj/producer.
    Aldrin (Zouk): Thanks for this.. Darko Esser remix is cool.. deep & dreamy. And Pappa & Chad's remix should rock any prog set!

click logo for samples

Groovecollection Music Management
    - Deep Records
    - Deep Focus
    - Mynt Music
    - Epsilon Trax
    - Red Light District
    - Outside The Box Music
    - Groovecollection Records
    www.groovecollectionrecords.com
    Dutch Progressive House Community, Podcast, Live-sets, Cd and vinyl reviews, Guestlists and more....

www.groovecollectionrecords.com (groovecollection,deep,focus,otb)
    Releases/remixes by: Kosmas Epsilon, Eelke Kleijn, Derek Howell, Medway, Nils Noa, Dousk, etc...
Working...