SF: S&D, Get Physical, DT - 04.25 - Roll call!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gjg21
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2004

SF: S&D, Get Physical, DT - 04.25 - Roll call!

One week to go before what's shaped up to be a potentially crazy evening. Baldie and Longhair at Warfield, MANDY and Booka Shade at Mezzanine, and Tenaglia at 1015. Haven't heard DT in years (and haven't really had much interest) but this is a rare occasion that I wouldn't mind checking out. All three of these shows could make my weekend on their own, it's gonna be an adventure trying to see how long I can last on Friday.
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: SF: S&D, Get Physical, DT - 04.25 - Roll call!

one night - sasha, diggers, MANDY, bookashade and tenaglia!!!!

u guys are spoilt!!

Comment

• hypoluxxa
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Danny T. Get ready for Danny getting on the mic. and talking a LOT. "miss thing! get off the phone."

Comment

• Miroslav
        WHOA I can change this!1!
        • Apr 2006

^^ lol...good lineup except for Tenaglia
        mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

That thing tenaglia does with his hand signals and lights is gay !!
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
            That thing tenaglia does with his hand signals and lights is gay !!
            The gheyest thing I ever saw him do, was dance his way to my friend @ Amnesia & start to chat him up. It was a white party and my friend decided to wear some skin tight white tank top, white parachute pants and some visor.

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

That serves your mate right for dressing like a fruit !

There's a lesson there for everyone.
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                My dick is smaller
                • Nov 2006

you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                  That serves your mate right for dressing like a fruit !

There's a lesson there for everyone.

I still give him a hard time about that.

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

It's one of those timeless tales you could never get tired of recounting !
                    sigpicSimonR

Comment

• AntonyM
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2004

Gonna see MANDY and Booka Shade in Vegas
                      this Wed. but will be at the Warfieild with Hunter Thompson
                      like briefcase, staying at the Nikko right down the street
                      would not mind a meetup, seems we all missed paths at the Diggers
                      show last Sept. Time to redeem ourselves PM with number will do the same to anyone else going to the show. Have the GF and some friends so will not be as cracked out as I was at the Webster Hall show.
                      Originally posted by Shpira
                      So came back last night...
                      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                      Originally posted by Illuminate
                      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• gjg21
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jul 2004

epic evening if i can recall correctly. antony, pleasure meeting you guys, shame we didn't get to hang out a bit more. kazell's set was nice and deep, perfect opener and the crowd was pretty thin at that point. the duo then came on and destroyed the place, but the floor got ridiculously packed so we wandered the club getting different vantage points of the crowd and lighting. digweed was the highlight for me easily.

i think they ended promptly at two after which we headed to 1015 for DT. figured we'd skip the get physical party because booka shade had the earlier slot and we would've missed them anyway. really enjoyed DT though and don't recall much mic usage. think we got home around 6 or so. fun, fun!

Comment

• AntonyM
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Oct 2004

Yeah weird night for sure, tried to find you a few times Greg but was so rammed down with people, made it really tough, had to bail around two, it got a little heavy for my buddies wife, when S&D cranked it up a couple of notches, was great to meet you, will look you up next time in SF, as for the show, Sasha was terrific, controlling the night, looked way more comfortable than in NYC, him and diggers spent most of the night sharing the decks and they were definitely on the same page think last two hours of Bonnaroo set, just bomb after bomb, not sure if they played much past two, figure as much when Sasha came on before 11p, shorter set but the interaction between the two was 2000 esque,
                          Originally posted by Shpira
                          So came back last night...
                          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                          Originally posted by Illuminate
                          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...