• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Why can't DJs play proper music

So I can tag my mp3s properly.

Don't even know what to put under genre these days. Minimal? Tech House? House? Techno? Ambient? Downtempo? Spacey bleepy shit?! Vortex-inducing?! Mindfuck?!

Most of the time I give up and tag them as Electronic ... so all my music's Electronic now, much good that does me when I'm trying to sort them to find something to listen to!

I haven't tag a file as Progressive in ages!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • AndyH
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2005

Re: Why can't DJs play proper music

I only listen to Digweed so its easy. Just all grouped under one of the following;

'Pre Vortex'

'Vortex'
    [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• Dhar_2
      meat and potatoes
      • Jun 2004

^

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Got into work late did ya.

a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• clintlove
          Hey girl, ya Hungry?
          • Jun 2004

I change all my genres to "techner"

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

But seriously, do you guys still try to tag anything under Genre?

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Oct 2005

^^^ mainly mood mate.. i supposed i know what a tech house track sounds like same with deep house etc.. if a track i am listening too sounds like a mood i tag it that.. i just have House, tech house, deep house, minimal, prog , dubby house, electro, breaks. thats what i go by. so if something sounds like one of those i will label it that. hope that made sense

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Actually stuff like Tech House or House or Dub or Minimal are pretty straight forward. But WTF do you tag Digweed's Transitions 4 under? Or Swayzak's stuff? Or the Cassino & Laben floating around P&R right now? Wringing the proverbial hair.

Comment

• fabric8
                  200mph Club
                  • Jul 2006

try "Mixed Genre"

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

That's as good as Electronica or Beats

Comment

• Dhar_2
                      meat and potatoes
                      • Jun 2004

i dont bother with the genre!

its too much hassle to organise the stuff.

u know what sort of stuff it is by the artist. why make life difficult for yourself!

Comment

• 88Mariner
                        My dick is smaller
                        • Nov 2006

perhaps it's not genre-specific, but it works

file under "Boring", "Lush", or "gritty".
                        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

Yeah might have to resort to that soon.

Minimal flatline, minimal driving, lush ambient, IDM ambient, space ambient, WTFOMG, twisted, headfuck, sicksicksick, wicked, techy, bleepy, fucked up ...

Comment

• Dhar_2
                            meat and potatoes
                            • Jun 2004

if its boring dont u just delete it?!!!

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

No one's deleting you!

Comment

Working...