Dance.Here.Now. presents Mark Knight: Toolroom Knights CD Tour @ Cielo - May 1st

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plexipr
    Gold Gabber
    • Apr 2005

Dance.Here.Now. presents Mark Knight: Toolroom Knights CD Tour @ Cielo - May 1st

Toolroom Records head honcho Mark Knight puts the needle to the record for the latest offering from the label’s compilation series. With this 4th installment in the series, Toolroom Knights has firmly cemented itself in the dance music lexicon, offering a taste of what the label and their parties are all about – quality, forward-thinking house. On Thursday, May 1st, ‘Best Party’ winner at the Club World Awards- Dance.Here.Now. presents Mark Knight at fellow award-winning ‘Best Club’ Cielo. Currently one of the hottest producers of the moment, Mark’s technical ability is second to none, and his DJ style totally reflective of his attitude to production; rather than finding one style and sticking to it Mark likes to keep his sets as varied as possible, playing right across the board, from electro to tribal and everything in between.

A by-word for everything that’s hot in dance music right now, Mark Knight (and his Toolroom empire) has shaped the sound of dance since the early noughties – playing and producing cutting edge house music, pioneering his distinctive ‘Toolroom’ sound. From the start of his Ministry residency in 2003 to the launch of ‘Toolroom Knights’ in 2006 Mark has continued to build a solid worldwide fan base, and further establish his status as a world premier DJ/producer.

Packed out with a whole heap of exclusives and re-edits, Mark takes precision and planning to a whole new level with this comp, not to mention a track-listing that’s guaranteed to excite even the most doubting out there. Rather than simply pull together a collection of big club records, Mark’s opted to paint a musical journey reflective of his extended club sets using long drawn-out mixes, layered with tools obtained exclusively from friends inc. Peace Division and Swedish House Mafia.

Straight in and CD1 opens with an exclusive re-edit of Cloud Kickers ‘Bring on the Night’ – an orchestral, atmospheric, vocal intro (specially re-worked by Mark for this comp) that leads perfectly into the deep vocals of Dennis Ferrer ‘How do I let Go’. Continuing on the soulful tip Terry Lee Brown Junior ‘Chatterbox’ builds nicely before heading off to the more techno infused sounds of Nic Fanciulli’s ‘Scratch & Sniff’ (album exclusive), then finishing up with Mark’s epic remix of Underworld’s ‘Beautiful Burnout’ (seamless!)

Where CD 1 is an epic journey CD2 (again a build) takes a more techy, twisted route and arrives at the point much quicker with Mescal Kid’s (Steve Angello’s weekend moniker!!) ‘Magic’, and Tocadisco’s remix of D. Ramirez/TC setting the tone nicely. With 8 tracks from Toolroom Records it’s very much the current sound of the label packed out with an array of compilation exclusives from the likes of Funkagenda ‘Monema’, ATFC ‘Bad Weed’, Steve Mac & Paul Harris ‘You’, Chris Special & Adam S ‘Go Deep’, providing the album with some unheard, upfront gems.

Toolroom Knights mixed by Mark Knight is out May 26th on Toolroom Records.

Thursday, May 1st
    Dance.Here.Now. presents

Mark Knight
    ToolRoom Knights CD Tour
    With Exacta

Cielo
    18 Little West 12th Street
    New York City
    Door by Jermaine
    Doors at 10pm, 21+ Valid ID
    $20 Tickets at www.ticketweb.com
    www.cieloclub.com
    www.myspace.com/djmarkknight
    www.toolroomknights.com
    www.danceherenownyc.com

ABOUT DANCE.HERE.NOW.
    NYC promoters Rob Fernandez and Benny Soto are upping the nightlife ante with a new party Dance.Here.Now recently awarded ‘Best Party’ at the 2008 Club World Awards. Together they are bringing in top-tier talent to everyone's favorite intimate dance music boite Cielo. Currently Director of Booking & Promotions for monster Hell’s Kitchen superclub Pacha New York, Rob Fernandez is responsible for some of the most beloved DJ-focused parties in New York nightlife history, including Danny Tenaglia’s Be Yourself and Erick Morillo’s Subliminal Sessions. Cielo manager Benny Soto also promotes 718 Sessions, a monthly with DJ Danny Krivit, known locally as the heir apparent to dearly departed deep house party Body & Soul.

ABOUT CIELO
    Located at 18 Little West 12th Street, in the heart of New York City’s trendy Meat Packing District, is open nightly from 10:00pm-4:00am. Cielo is a beautifully designed 350-capacity club featuring a world-class, state-of-the-art digital Funktion One soundsystem. Since its opening in 2003, Cielo has become an internationally renowned dance music nightclub brand and has upheld its edict of world-class music, professional service and all-inclusive atmosphere.

Over the last 5 years, Cielo has continued to triumph and collect accolades including; Club World Awards 2008 winner for Best Club (Winner 2005 & 2006) and Best Party - Dance.Here.Now.; Top 50 Nightclubs in the World- DJ Magazine 2006 & 2007; Best Nightclub- Village Voice 2006; Best Deep House Club- New York Magazine 2006; Best Resident DJ Francois K- Club World Awards 2006 & 2005; Best Venue USA- URB Magazine 2005; Best Interior Design- Club World Awards 2004; Best Club- Dancestar Awards USA 2004.
    DANCE LOCAL THINK GLOBAL
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: Dance.Here.Now. presents Mark Knight: Toolroom Knights CD Tour @ Cielo - May 1st

another dj who does a "Tour" of the US but only goes to Miami, NYC and LA. This guy could easily get big crowds going more into the middle of the country.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

Re: Dance.Here.Now. presents Mark Knight: Toolroom Knights CD Tour @ Cielo - May 1st

Agree with ya there Jeff, great producer.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...