X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picklemonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by FM
    100MB..s'a lot of emails...
    I work in the IT department at work, and last week someone called me saying they had a message in Outlook pop up saying "Your archive.pst has reached the maximum size for the format that it is saved in" or something similar. THE DUDE HAD A 2GB EMAIL ARCHIVE. Too much email! The sad thing is 2gb is the limit for Outlook 2000... Outlook 2003 has a much higher limit.

Leave a comment:

• supaz
    replied
    I can access a pop 3 email account through their website.

go into mail options then add another account.

it's through the website...not via mail client

Leave a comment:

• namrevar
    replied
    i want a gmail account !!!!!!!!

how can i have it ? it seems that you canot subscribe to it :?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Balanc3
    replied
    yeah just noticed 100mb. I like it, but SBC sucks! If you have DSL with them they give you file storage as well as a website, combined you get 500MB online storage with a standard DSL package. Good enough to store a few sets. Oh and yahoo got rid of the POP3 access when they merged with SBC. Somethin about the way their web browser works, but dont install it! or else...

Leave a comment:

• JetaTek
    replied
    I've been using Gmail for about 2 weeks now, and man does it have a slick interface. I'm definitely transitioning into making it my primary account for everyday e-mailing.

Leave a comment:

• beto
    replied
    I'm using gmail, and I'm quite happy with it. Comes with some interesting ideas to organize email.

Privacy? well, I wouldn't use a free mail account for important/private stuff anyways. And as for yahoo and hotmail, if you read their privacy statements they also check your traffic for a "better experience" meaning you'll get ads and mails that suit you.

www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com ? That's just google-hate... one cookie? delete it! or don't use cookies... 180 days? well, hotmail keeps old mail for a year, it's the same thing, "How about words such as "box cutters" in the same email as "airline schedules"" ooooh... then pay for your mail account, buy a state-of-the-art encryption software and stop complaining... Why doesnt that site make a comparison with other major free webmails, yahoo and hotmail specially?. And yes gmail has ads, but they're text only, no banners or junk mail, so it's less annoying, and if you don't want them then quit being so cheap and pay for your own email...

To get gmail you have to be invited by someone with an account (you get to give 3 invitations).

Leave a comment:

• contain
    replied
    its very kind of yahoo to upgrade there storage limit!! i have a hotmail account but will probably make the big switch to using yahoo more often.

whats the deal with gmail? where can you sign up for that? i know they are beta testing right now but i wanna get in on the action?

Leave a comment:

• razvan
    replied
    Originally posted by demonAfro
    Originally posted by razvan
    If only free yaho would provide POP3 access ...
    I can get to yahoo with pop3, but that is a yahoo.co.uk...

And 2 megs has never been a problem as far as my hotmail is concerned, anything more just makes you lazy as far as keeping track of old emails.

really ? and you have a free account ?

Leave a comment:

• FM
    replied
    100MB..s'a lot of emails...

Leave a comment:

• mylexicon
    replied
    Re: yahoo mail

Originally posted by ubiqe
    Anybody using it? Yesterday they upgraded it from 6 mb to ( ) a tiny 100. Quite a change. The only problem is I was almost unable to access my inbox whole day. Couldn't even activate my account on [ms] Hope it gets better today.
    It seems to be working but it keeps throwing all my incoming messages into
    the bulk folder.....kind of annoying

Leave a comment:

• demonAfro
    replied
    Originally posted by razvan
    If only free yaho would provide POP3 access ...
    I can get to yahoo with pop3, but that is a yahoo.co.uk...

And 2 megs has never been a problem as far as my hotmail is concerned, anything more just makes you lazy as far as keeping track of old emails.

Leave a comment:

• MJDub
    replied
    Re: Hotmail.

Originally posted by Encryption
    Originally posted by dohturdima
    I have a yahoo and a hotmail acct, and use them both. Need to get rid of cheapo Hotmail. If they are going to stick with their measly 6 megs, no one is gonna be usin' your product, Mr. Gates.
    6 MEGS ????????? That's 4 megs more than the hotmail that I'm using

-e-
    Same here. Looks like someone got the long end of the stick. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Kamal
    replied
    Hotmail.

Originally posted by dohturdima
    I have a yahoo and a hotmail acct, and use them both. Need to get rid of cheapo Hotmail. If they are going to stick with their measly 6 megs, no one is gonna be usin' your product, Mr. Gates.
    6 MEGS ????????? That's 4 megs more than the hotmail that I'm using

-e-

Leave a comment:

• KRANKHEAD
    replied
    Yeah it's great, now i have 2 accounts in there!!!

Leave a comment:

• dohturdima
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...