If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
freelz tho. He's weird, but I gained respect for him as a musician after I got into guitar playing. Easily among the top underrated funk guitarists of this age. Check this out:
it was just stupid media hype!!! and just to make him called the artist formerly known as prince
tosspot
2 reasons:
1. It was done, at least in part, to get back at his record label for fucking him over, because they had the rights to any music made under the name "Prince." I have no idea who was right or wrong in the underlying dispute, but I love someone who thinks outside of the box.
2. I just think it's brilliant to have the cojones to change your name to an unpronounceable symbol. That's just funny. I met a gal in Greece who was a stewardess on a plane he was on, and she said the manifest had his name as, "The Passenger Formerly Known as Prince." Try insisting that everyone that knows you address you in some ridiculous fashion, and see if it works. Gotta have big ones to even try to pull that off, and guess what -- people called him "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince" for years. Brilliant!
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment