Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bdeau_spinner
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jun 2004

Wow that's cool. I use my.yahoo but do not use the email section. Maybe I'll open one up. I've had a username for the past 6 years but never needed an e-mail account other than my work one..

Comment

• brakada
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bdeau_spinner
      Wow that's cool. I use my.yahoo but do not use the email section. Maybe I'll open one up. I've had a username for the past 6 years but never needed an e-mail account other than my work one..
      i have 3 email addresses and that's definitely a good thing, because it often happens that something is wrong with one or more of them (i.e. i can't send attachments, the server is down or things like that). That's why it's always good to have a "back up" mail to use.
      We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

• mtguru
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

Re: yahoo mail

Originally posted by ubiqe
        Anybody using it? Yesterday they upgraded it from 6 mb to ( ) a tiny 100. Quite a change. The only problem is I was almost unable to access my inbox whole day. Couldn't even activate my account on [ms] Hope it gets better today.
        I went from 50mb to 2gigs with there upgrade, what the hell to a need a 2gb mailbox for? Oh well I guess I should feel bless for such a upgrade :wink:
        To err is human... To correct it before anyone notices is genius.

Comment

• dohturdima
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

I have a yahoo and a hotmail acct, and use them both. Need to get rid of cheapo Hotmail. If they are going to stick with their measly 6 megs, no one is gonna be usin' your product, Mr. Gates.
          Habit is a form of exercise

Comment

• KRANKHEAD
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

Yeah it's great, now i have 2 accounts in there!!!
            Let's keep it progressive!!!!

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Hotmail.

Originally posted by dohturdima
              I have a yahoo and a hotmail acct, and use them both. Need to get rid of cheapo Hotmail. If they are going to stick with their measly 6 megs, no one is gonna be usin' your product, Mr. Gates.
              6 MEGS ????????? That's 4 megs more than the hotmail that I'm using

-e-
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              Originally posted by ace_dl
              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• MJDub
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Re: Hotmail.

Originally posted by Encryption
                Originally posted by dohturdima
                6 MEGS ????????? That's 4 megs more than the hotmail that I'm using

-e-
                Same here. Looks like someone got the long end of the stick. :wink:
                http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• demonAfro
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by razvan
                  If only free yaho would provide POP3 access ...
                  I can get to yahoo with pop3, but that is a yahoo.co.uk...

And 2 megs has never been a problem as far as my hotmail is concerned, anything more just makes you lazy as far as keeping track of old emails.

Comment

• mylexicon
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Re: yahoo mail

Originally posted by ubiqe
                    Anybody using it? Yesterday they upgraded it from 6 mb to ( ) a tiny 100. Quite a change. The only problem is I was almost unable to access my inbox whole day. Couldn't even activate my account on [ms] Hope it gets better today.
                    It seems to be working but it keeps throwing all my incoming messages into
                    the bulk folder.....kind of annoying
                    Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

• FM
                      Wooooooo!
                      • Jun 2004

100MB..s'a lot of emails...
                      FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                      "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                      Facebook!
                      A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• razvan
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by demonAfro
                        Originally posted by razvan
                        If only free yaho would provide POP3 access ...
                        I can get to yahoo with pop3, but that is a yahoo.co.uk...

And 2 megs has never been a problem as far as my hotmail is concerned, anything more just makes you lazy as far as keeping track of old emails.

really ? and you have a free account ?
                        "I don't know what will be used in the next world war, but the 4th will be fought with stones."

Comment

• contain
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Jun 2004

its very kind of yahoo to upgrade there storage limit!! i have a hotmail account but will probably make the big switch to using yahoo more often.

whats the deal with gmail? where can you sign up for that? i know they are beta testing right now but i wanna get in on the action?

Comment

• beto
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

I'm using gmail, and I'm quite happy with it. Comes with some interesting ideas to organize email.

Privacy? well, I wouldn't use a free mail account for important/private stuff anyways. And as for yahoo and hotmail, if you read their privacy statements they also check your traffic for a "better experience" meaning you'll get ads and mails that suit you.

www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com ? That's just google-hate... one cookie? delete it! or don't use cookies... 180 days? well, hotmail keeps old mail for a year, it's the same thing, "How about words such as "box cutters" in the same email as "airline schedules"" ooooh... then pay for your mail account, buy a state-of-the-art encryption software and stop complaining... Why doesnt that site make a comparison with other major free webmails, yahoo and hotmail specially?. And yes gmail has ads, but they're text only, no banners or junk mail, so it's less annoying, and if you don't want them then quit being so cheap and pay for your own email...

To get gmail you have to be invited by someone with an account (you get to give 3 invitations).

Comment

• JetaTek
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

I've been using Gmail for about 2 weeks now, and man does it have a slick interface. I'm definitely transitioning into making it my primary account for everyday e-mailing.

Comment

• Balanc3
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jun 2004

yeah just noticed 100mb. I like it, but SBC sucks! If you have DSL with them they give you file storage as well as a website, combined you get 500MB online storage with a standard DSL package. Good enough to store a few sets. Oh and yahoo got rid of the POP3 access when they merged with SBC. Somethin about the way their web browser works, but dont install it! or else...
                                JourneyDeep .into the sound

Comment

Working...