X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

report : Sasha @ Circus Liverpool 2nd May'08

Well I've moaned and moaned about how poor Sasha has been lately ... you generally turn up more in hope than expectation and go away disappointed (the wimpy sound system at Sankeys didn't help him any favours last September as those clicking minimal drum tracks had even less punch).

However, for the 1st two of his 3 hours I am relieved and pleased to say that he was back on very very decent form ... a combination of ambient music and some very very dark stuff (a la 2000) which I love - I mean he even had some pounding layered drums for fucks sake !! All in all a very welcome return to Liverpool.

The 1st tune is rather sweet & up on youtube (starts at 1.50) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3tBD...eature=related
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • hypoluxxa
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: report : Sasha @ Circus Liverpool 2nd May'08

Originally posted by simonr
    some very very dark stuff (a la 2000) which I love

The 1st tune is rather sweet & up on youtube (starts at 1.50) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3tBD...eature=related

AMEN!

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Hey Hypo ... glad to see your post count is back to a respectable no. !

May catch Sasha in ibiza while he's in form (he's opted for Cream @ amnesia, which'll be interesting) ... but the € is massively strong and the Playa Real is closed for a re-furb ... it's probably a good year for you to miss out on - all very costly.
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• day_for_night
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

that is a killer tune. just plain *thick* beats.

Comment

• jointuletz
          Getting Somewhere
          • Feb 2008

amazing!

Comment

• hypoluxxa
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Hey Hypo ... glad to see your post count is back to a respectable no. !

May catch Sasha in ibiza while he's in form (he's opted for Cream @ amnesia, which'll be interesting) ... but the € is massively strong and the Playa Real is closed for a re-furb ... it's probably a good year for you to miss out on - all very costly.
            Yeah, the $ is rubbish against the € and sterling. I heard that the Playa Real is being turned into apartments... I loved that place. I wouldn't mind buying one of the apartments though. BUT the ways the dollar is, It doesn't look like it wil happen any time soon.

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

Bit by bit they are draining the lifeblood out of ibiza.

Maybe we can go halves on the apartment .. problem is that the £'s weak too !
              sigpicSimonR

Comment

• steve marx
                Fresh Peossy
                • Mar 2007

Well I've moaned and moaned about how poor Sasha has been lately ... you generally turn up more in hope than expectation and go away disappointed (the wimpy sound system at Sankeys didn't help him any favours last September as those clicking minimal drum tracks had even less punch).

However, for the 1st two of his 3 hours I am relieved and pleased to say that he was back on very very decent form ... a combination of ambient music and some very very dark stuff (a la 2000) which I love - I mean he even had some pounding layered drums for fucks sake !! All in all a very welcome return to Liverpool.

Firstly I am very new to this forum so greetings to all.
                Sasha has redeemed himself after friday for me as I too have been moaning about Sasha the last few times i have seen him. Totally agree with you on above (although I thought the whole 3 hours were excellent )

on a separate note are there any tracklisting discssions? as he played a vocal belter with a repeated female vocal singing something like "here comes the sound" right before he dropped the Guy J remix of Mongoose? if anyone has any idea what this is i would love to know.

thanks
                Steve

Comment

• emuler
                  I'm Ignorant.... so sue me!!
                  • May 2007

people who still love those dark times need to go live under a rock i couldn't be more satisfied with sasha's new evolving minimal/housy sound, going back to old patterns is lame.

just in case I get flamed.....--> IMO

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by emuler
                    people who still love those dark times need to go live under a rock i couldn't be more satisfied with sasha's new evolving minimal/housy sound, going back to old patterns is lame.

just in case I get flamed.....--> IMO

WELL, I don't appreciate your comment about living under a rock. Anyway cosider yourself fortunate that yo ulike all the stuff that your fav. DJ is playing at the moment, and I hope you don't ever reach a point in your life where you dislike most of the new music you hear.

Comment

• andy23
                      Getting warmed up
                      • Dec 2005

only caught a bit of sasha was good fancuilli before was quality
                      coxy was killing it as well

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

Welcome Steve - glad you enjoyed things.

Emuler - I assume you'll be pining for the minimal days in a few years time when theres a turnaround .. although I don't think there's much of a house element at times !
                        sigpicSimonR

Comment

• AntonyM
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Oct 2004

Not sure what turned him around but I think a month
                          of sharing the decks with Diggers but a little more into his sound.
                          In San Fran his sound was spacey, moody, and direct.
                          Can't wait for him to come back to the states.
                          Originally posted by Shpira
                          So came back last night...
                          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                          Originally posted by Illuminate
                          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

He may have nicked a few tracks off JD ... Diggers seemed to have done the same after Bonnaroo last year when I caught him 11-days later in ibiza .
                            sigpicSimonR

Comment

Working...