X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Wonkette

Anyone check this site out at all? I used to stumble upon it from time to time, but it's now becoming part of my daily routine, largely because it is fucking hysterical. It has the trifacta of:

1. Great, Onion-like post titles for actual events:
    -Obama Caught Kissing Boys Somewhere
    -Poll: 60% Of Democrats Forgot To Take Retard Medicine Before Responding To Poll
    -Bush Administration Scolds Another Government For Not Dealing With Natural Disaster Effectively

2. Absurd Writing
    -"Here is Barack Obama campaigning today by making out with other men, as usual. This is all he ever does because he only has one testicle, if Acadian fur traders are to be believed."
    -"Ha ha, isn't James Carville funny. See, he is a crazy womp-rat from a French swamp, but he also knows things about politics, and that is why he can make jokes about Hillary Clinton's nuclear waste-enhanced scrotum in the magazines."
    -"OMG did you hear what colored people are up to "in their churches"? Well let's have one more moment of comic/feigned outrage over what those uppity black people are saying, as the Jeremiah Wright "scandal" will be the closest any of you white people ever get to a black church."

3. Hysterical Blog Tagging (which has to be seen in context for it to make any sense)

Check it out if this sort of thing interests you at all. I thought it was really odd at first, but it's totally growing on me...

Wonkette is filthy, hilarious, liberal news. YOU CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH! Click to read Wonkette, by Rebecca Schoenkopf, a Substack publication with tens of thousands of subscribers.
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Wonkette

meh. it's ok. the formatting of the page bugs the hell out of me.

i stick to thinkprogress.org and huffingtonpost. it's hard to find a liberal blog when one is a conservative.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
      meh. it's ok. the formatting of the page bugs the hell out of me.
      That was my reaction as well, initially. Really grew on me over time, though...

Originally posted by 88Mariner
      i stick to thinkprogress.org and huffingtonpost. it's hard to find a liberal blog when one is a conservative.
      Both good sites, but I read them for actual information. Wonkette is more for pure entertainment after you know what the news is, IMO.

To each their own, though...

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

so kinda like fark then. hmm..
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

I think of it as the "What Would Tyler Durden Do" of the political realm.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
            Anyone have Styx livesets?
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
            I think of it as the "What Would Tyler Durden Do" of the political realm.
            hahaha

so its as much for the comments as it is the headlines?
            ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

Working...