Justin Drake / Jay Tripwire impressions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • themonk
    Getting Somewhere
    • Oct 2004

Justin Drake / Jay Tripwire impressions?

A tribal house/tech-house dj from Denmark, Dj Llopis, recommended two dj's, Justin Drake (of Peace Division) and Jay Tripwire, when he played for us last year, but he hadn't seen either of them play recently.

I was wondering if any one has seen them play in the last year or two, and how would you compare their styles? Any impressions at all would be most welcome. I am looking for some good dark+trippy dj's.
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

I've seen Tripwire live, have a few of his Barcode records.

Live, i wouldn't miss him. The sickest tech house, acid, and just down right filthy beats i've heard in a long time.

Justin Drake (Peace Division) i imagine is good live. I've always liked peace division, but that fucking tribal nonsense gets on my nerves. I'd still probably go see him tho.

Comment

• vibe
      Gold Gabber
      • Aug 2004

Re: Justin Drake / Jay Tripwire impressions?

I saw Justin Drake spinning once here in Lisbon, he's a good dj and he sounds very well live, It was a great set that nite.. I recommend you to check out him live if you could!
      He plays dirty, some dark\tribal\progressive\tech beats, just like his and clive henry productions as Peace Division, some nice driving tribal, chunky.

Anyway Jenks, the Euro 2004 final must had Portugal and Czech Republic wan't it Damn Greece

CHEERS

Comment

• peloquin
        Till I Come!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jenks";p="
        I've seen Tripwire live, have a few of his Barcode records.

Live, i wouldn't miss him. The sickest tech house, acid, and just down right filthy beats i've heard in a long time.

Justin Drake (Peace Division) i imagine is good live. I've always liked peace division, but that fucking tribal nonsense gets on my nerves. I'd still probably go see him tho.

I agree 100% with the tripwire remark. saw him here a couple of months ago and it was fucking wicked. been a huge fan of his proton show (frying pan) and his productions for quite some time.

justin drake i havent heard, but i like peace division

Comment

• nbpgt
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

he was slated (jay) to come through dallas either earlier this year or last year but i think it fell through... but either way, ive enjoyed most of jays stuff.. somethign diff & on the techier side of the elemental chart

Comment

• themonk
            Getting Somewhere
            • Oct 2004

excellent, i didn't know jay had a proton show. seems everybody has a proton show these days! i'll definately be checking it out. thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...