absolutely my fav edm album ever and still ranks #1 in my book after nearly 10 years. this is the album i always give to edm newbies who's just getting into the scene.
GU 013 ibiza
Collapse
X
-
Re: GU 013 ibiza
that may have been a zappa song, but that guy added his own twist to it and made it even better.Comment
-
Re: GU 013 ibiza
Classic thread for a classic CD.
The first half of CD1 and the second half of CD2 are pure magic; I honestly cannot see music being made like this anytime soon.
Tracks 1-6 on disc 1 are the best programmed tracks on any disc anywhere. He really was the man back then.
I remember I went to Creamfields in 1999, and there were flyers all over the floor advertising this release (it hadn't come out yet). The flyer simply said 'The world's greatest DJ returns to Gu this autumn'. Thsi was in the days before I was on the web, so I didn't know the tracklist until the day I boight it - happy days!!!!!Comment
-
Re: GU 013 ibiza
I have to say I miss those days... where you can't wait to rip open a brand spanking new CD and give it a spin... no promo digital downloads.~ You are what you think you are ~
Comment
-
Re: GU 013 ibiza
having listened to both discs this week i had goosebumps at certain points, and was going "Huh?" at other points. music has changed so much since this and similar discs were released. music is so much more sophisticated now, i love the past, all he while fully embracing the present.
Comment
-
Re: GU 013 ibiza
listening to this right now.... Disc 2Its just a feeling....gonna take you higher....Comment
-
Re: GU 013 ibiza
I managed to extract all the mixes from my old iPod and transfer all of Sasha's GU, Digweed's GU, Renaissance, NE 1-3, Winning Ticket, JDJ onto the new iPod for keeps again
Yeah just a couple years back people are still guessing at tracklists for releases and live mixes. That was the thrill and frustration of hearing a good track and finding out what it was 6-12 months later
And all those white labels and unreleased mixes 
While it's a good thing that EDM has proliferated as much as it has on the net and this is pretty much the underground now, the speed of commuication has also made it easier for everyone to pick up on tracks and who's playing what, which I think has led to even more fads and trends in EDM, which has homogenized the sounds somewhat.
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.Comment
-
Re: GU 013 ibiza
The problem these days is (i) the music is thrown together quickly & is disposeable ... almost the equivalent of plastic packaging (ii) dj's worry about being different rather than having conviction in the quality of the musical product.
It's braver to say, these are the tracks I like, and I'll play them regardless of whether other DJ's are too.
In the past Sasha proved that it wasn't just the tracks that are magical .. it's the way you combine and blend them, and the journey you take the listener on. The special thing about GU 013 is the overall listening experience, rather than the tracks as seperate entities.sigpicSimonR
This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.Comment
-
Re: GU 013 ibiza
^^^ Good point! Which is why Diggers Transitions cds are so fantastic.... He blends things into a journey just the way it should be. Doesn't concentrate to much on each individual track but makes a cohesive mix(which i believe is the whole point) with parts of tracks some longer then others. Dave Seaman has also been hitting the mark also with his newer mix albums....Its just a feeling....gonna take you higher....Comment
-
Re: GU 013 ibiza
having listened to both discs this week i had goosebumps at certain points, and was going "Huh?" at other points. music has changed so much since this and similar discs were released. music is so much more sophisticated now, i love the past, all he while fully embracing the present.

Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cieloComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,209
Posts: 1,238,524
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 32
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment