X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

M83 - Saturday=Youth

Thought I saw a thread on this, but couldn't find it. Listening to the album again, keep forgetting how good it sounds. It's so retro and pop but damn, it's amazing that they got the sound so right.

[YOUTUBE]y84UrVHdShg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]v4Pg-2LP76g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gY8iy8S0S4w[/YOUTUBE]

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • Mr.Big
    Platinum Poster
    • Nov 2004

Re: M83 - Saturday=Youth

I would agree with you on this one Feather... love the first tune on that album..

As i'm sure you like many people on this board enjoy lots of different types of music, heres my pick of the day.. The band is called Republic of Loose and they are from Dublin, popular in Ireland but have never seemed to make it anywhere else.. Anyway heres some tunes from their first album..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiWAK9sGYoE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNFxTEdJjSU[/youtube]

And heres a tune from their newest album which is brilliant..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNBKaPcHFWM[/youtube]

Theres also a tune on their myspace called '13 shots' which is one of my favorite from the new album.

Republic of Loose's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Sure if you are bored give them a listen...

good day
    www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
    Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• miketpoto
      Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mr.Big
      I would agree with you on this one Feather... love the first tune on that album..
      yes yes

is very pretty

Comment

• fer_
        Platinum Poster
        • May 2005

M83 (I) satturdays = youth is wonderfull

thanx mr big will check that band too

if anyone s got this DVD M83 - Live @ La Route Du Rock (2003) SatRipDivX5MP3B.avi
        pleaseee let me know

Comment

• threehills
          I heart Lollergirl
          • Jun 2005

Diggen that Republic "gonna fuck you up track"
          It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• Mr.Big
            Platinum Poster
            • Nov 2004

^^ yeah that was one of their first songs they recorded 4 years ago.

Listen to that "13 shots" tune on their myspace.. One of my favorite tracks they have made..

you can get the album on itunes:

www.twitter.com/mikeoreilly
            Pimps up Hoes down.

Comment

• feather
              Shanghai ooompa loompa
              • Jul 2004

Woo hoo ... M83 playing Sydney

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                • Mar 2008

ffs. i always get c83 and m83 switched in my mind when i'm looking in my folders.

m83 gonna be here on may 27th. might have to make a quick trip up to the mezzanine, but im no die hard so... idunno.
                (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...