Shiva - Artist Of the Week On Frisky Radio (13-05-2008)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • who??
    Getting warmed up
    • Dec 2005

Shiva - Artist Of the Week On Frisky Radio (13-05-2008)

Link removed on request
    Last edited by Kamal; May 15, 2008, 04:31:44 PM. Reason: DJ requested her link to be edited out
  • chuckc
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Shiva - Artist Of the Week On Frisky Radio (13-05-200

^^^^thanks so much. looking forward to this. shiva is playing some of the best sounds.

Comment

• Jay Fury
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

I listened to it. Now dont get me wrong..... The set is GREAT... Actually, its exactly what I carry in my old record case. But that case contains all my favorite tracks from about 5-6 years ago. Its really just 4-5 Moshic Tracks and a few other oldies like the Andro track from Yunus's Kiss 100 mix in 2003.. John Creamer and Stephan K Track I Love You from like 2000 and Then like 3 songs that were new (to me).... This is the Frisky Artist of the week show? I just dont get it.... Im not being an asshole, cuz I Really do LOVE Kintar and Rex, and Maindave, and Shiva..... its just that as a guy whos been spinning in shitty clubs all my life, who has been playing this sound, and these EXACT tracks since 2000, I find it weird that this is the Current Artist of the week set. How do I get featured as a Frisky Artist of the week. I could throw down a NASTY old school dark set like this. I mean isnt it supposed to be new music?
      Mind and Body crave light, because we live in Darkness.

Comment

• Shiva
        MCast Mistress
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jay Fury
        I listened to it. Now dont get me wrong..... The set is GREAT... Actually, its exactly what I carry in my old record case. But that case contains all my favorite tracks from about 5-6 years ago. Its really just 4-5 Moshic Tracks and a few other oldies like the Andro track from Yunus's Kiss 100 mix in 2003.. John Creamer and Stephan K Track I Love You from like 2000 and Then like 3 songs that were new (to me).... This is the Frisky Artist of the week show? I just dont get it.... Im not being an asshole, cuz I Really do LOVE Kintar and Rex, and Maindave, and Shiva..... its just that as a guy whos been spinning in shitty clubs all my life, who has been playing this sound, and these EXACT tracks since 2000, I find it weird that this is the Current Artist of the week set. How do I get featured as a Frisky Artist of the week. I could throw down a NASTY old school dark set like this. I mean isnt it supposed to be new music?

You are right in this regard, and I thank you for your honest remark; and I'm gona share my thoughts on this one:

In fact on the thread of AOTW I mentioned that I went on a RETROSPECT for this one.
        First because I am being nostalgic for some good old kicks...and probably some fans are nostalgic as well. Then also because I have slashed many sets across many sites at the same time, and in general I would rather not play same tracks on different sets that are being issued almost at the same time; I think of it as "planning & managing" my sets when submitting several show simultaneously.

As for the frisky AOTW, I didnt know that a dj HAS to play ONLY new stuff, is that written somewhere? I think its an honor granted to the artist according to his/her work in general.
        IMO feelin frisky is a showcase but not the AOW:

My selection my seem bold to some, but i believe that good music is not limited neither by space nor by time; Many classic old tunes may be unknown to the new generation of listeners...and I am glad to see that some progressive lovers (even old school listeners) are appreciating this swing of past and actual quality tracks.

And hell yea!!! Iet's be [BOLD] sometimes, different

Again, tnx for ur comments Jay Fury, I hope to have shed some lights on my selection of music for AOW.

Tnx chuck (k)...CheerZ to ALL!
        Last edited by Shiva; May 15, 2008, 07:31:44 AM.

Comment

• Shiva
          MCast Mistress
          • Nov 2007

Btw, tnx for the share & recommendation
          Last edited by Shiva; May 15, 2008, 12:50:09 PM.

Comment

• DARKBEATS
            Getting warmed up
            • Dec 2007

Thanks SH!VA for Frisky-ing Us Keep up the good work ..
            As for the OLD tracks conversation , I totally agree with you hence a DJ cant play always NEW tracks even he/she is an EVERYDAY Producer and the OLD tracks mentioned in the conversation and played in your set were really awesome and these tracks are STILL the PROGRESSIVE sound we like , watever OLD or NEW ....
            Keep on preserving this essence ... the Real OLD/NEW Progressive Tunes ...
            MCAST , SH!VA , SUDAM ... YOU ROCK Guys ...
            No matter what u may think , the music would never stop , the heart beat will never fade , the party will never End... We are the party and this is our Manphesto

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

^^^ i agree, anyone can just grab all the brand new tracks and play them.. i love it when you mix in the older stuff with it

look forward to hearing this

Comment

• DIDI
                Aussie Pest
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Shiva
                You are right in this regard, and I thank you for your honest remark; and I'm gona share my thoughts on this one:

In fact on the thread of AOTW I mentioned that I went on a RETROSPECT for this one.
                First because I am being nostalgic for some good old kicks...and probably some fans are nostalgic as well. Then also because I have slashed many sets across many sites at the same time, and in general I would rather not play same tracks on different sets that are being issued almost at the same time; I think of it as "planning & managing" my sets when submitting several show simultaneously.

As for the frisky AOTW, I didnt know that a dj HAS to play ONLY new stuff, is that written somewhere? I think its an honor granted to the artist according to his/her work in general.
                IMO feelin frisky is a showcase but not the AOW:

My selection my seem bold to some, but i believe that good music is not limited neither by space nor by time; Many classic old tunes may be unknown to the new generation of listeners...and I am glad to see that some progressive lovers (even old school listeners) are appreciating this swing of past and actual quality tracks.

And hell yea!!! Iet's be [BOLD] sometimes, different

Again, tnx for ur comments Jay Fury, I hope to have shed some lights on my selection of music for AOW.

Tnx chuck (k)...CheerZ to ALL!
                Originally posted by TheVrk
                it IS incredible isn't it??
                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Jay Fury
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

I REALLY hope you didnt take that the wrong way.... Cuz I REALLY like the mix. And Im not trying to insult. Actually, I love the fact that you olay the older stuff, because its exactly what I want. I was just wondering...... Please dont take offense, cuz you are a VERY quality DJ, with a great sound.

Comment

• chuckc
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

outstanding set. highly recommend this.

Comment

• Shiva
                      MCast Mistress
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jay Fury
                      I REALLY hope you didnt take that the wrong way.... Cuz I REALLY like the mix. And Im not trying to insult. Actually, I love the fact that you olay the older stuff, because its exactly what I want. I was just wondering...... Please dont take offense, cuz you are a VERY quality DJ, with a great sound.
                      Oh no, I didnt take it in any wrong way, please do not think that. I respect people's opinion and I appreciate you being straight forward; There was a question there and I was more than glad to reply, straight forward. We are all in search of the ultimate sounds and mixes, and I think it is very good to have such debates with positive criticism and open thoughts. I actually NEED this type of feedbacks in order to keep on pleasing more & more ears...

I am here to CONQUER baby!!!

Now you got me curious about your sounds & mixes, that NASTY set you were referring to earlier....so I would like to listen when made available.

CheerZ Jay

Comment

• _barmenas_
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Apr 2006

thanks

Comment

• Shiva
                          MCast Mistress
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by who??
                          Link removed on request
                          Thank you [MS] for the removal of this link that was done upon my request; As soon as I saw the link I made that request for the following reason:

My frisky AOTW show had been posted here as early as 48hrs after it had been broadcasted on Frisky. As you may know, the AOTW is an EXCLUSIVE set to Frisky for 2 weeks; Now due to the fact that I am an MCast resident, but also the fact that I work closely with Frisky is somehow creating me some "discomfort" (or conflict) when making (my) EXCLUSIVE frisky sets available here before the exclusivity period has expired (2 weeks).

Soon more of (SH!VA) frisky sets will be issued & broadcasted from Frisky, and I am asking [MS] users to PLEASE KINDLY AVOID POSTING ON [MS] THE RIPPED FRISKY SETS BEFORE 2 WEEKS OF THEIR ISSUANCE DATE AS A RESPECT TO THE RULES AND AGREEMENTS MADE BETWEEN MYSELF & FRISKY:
                          THOSE LINK WILL BE DELETED BY [MS] ADMINS AS PER MY REQUEST.

PLZ UNDERSTAND THIS: IT IS ONLY A QUESTION OF PRINCIPLE AND RESPECT OF AGREEMENTS.

I thank "WHO??" for posting and recommending the set, but it wasn't done at the right moment. I thank [MS] admins for backing me up on this, and I also THANK YOU ALL for your understanding, and I apologize to ALL if I created any inconvenience with this.

(K)

Comment

• Jay Fury
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Shiva
                            Now you got me curious about your sounds & mixes, that NASTY set you were referring to earlier....so I would like to listen when made available.

CheerZ Jay

Well Here you go http://www.sendspace.com/file/9zxrp0

Comment

• sakio pod
                              SALAD TOSSER
                              • Jun 2004

shiva me TIMBERS

Comment

Working...