If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
I didn't say genocide was being committed by the coalition. I said that that sort of behavior is not acceptable just because its been going on for thousands of years. Although i did notice you didn't highlight Tyranny Exploitation or Crime.
Also who ultimately pays for the school that's being built outside your front door. I'm guessing its not charity or good will. Its going on the debt. That will no doubt be floated on the stock exchange. And surely you cant seriously think Iraq would ever be ready to attack.
Actually i'll throw the tyranny, Exploitation, and crime in what I said earlier too. That sounds like a cnn headline right there
And I wasn't talking about Iraq as the enemy. Think a little harder. who is a power that we have dealt with in the past who still makes uneasy gestures?? Russia, China, North Korea, and now Iran. and what Country is close to or borders them? hmmmmm let me think.....Afghanistan!
" Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"
I have received better training and experience in my career field( which happens to be broadcast technology/engineering) then most do on the outside. And guess what, I didn't have to pay shit. Plus I get %100 college tuition while i am in and the GI bill when I get out. Plus if you're into universal health care thats what the military is all about.( which I am not the biggest fan really. I still can't figur out why people think its the way to go but whatever GO Socialism) Oh yeah and as crazy as it sounds, I love my damn country.
I thought this was why you joined the Air force. Personally don't think the solders are serving their country. They are serving their Government. I personally think a lot patriotism is blind faith. Although i cant imagine most of the Iraqi army joined because they felt patriotic.
When it comes to the Soldier, Airman, Sailor, and Marine, the least you can do is to not question why they do what they do. And don't insult them by saying that they must be poor, uneducated, or crazy for serving their country. Thats just rediculous! It is something they decided to do. And yes some were talked into it and it might not have been the best idea for them, but they are the ones that have to deal with this decision, not you. Plus when you feel like protesting certain decisions, disagreeing with officials outloud, booming whatever music you want riding around in your ride, staying up all night for a 10 hr Danny Howells show, eating at a twenty four hour restaraunt, etc, etc, just remember that person you think is poor, crazy, ignorant etc, is out on a patrol somewhere in BFE in full battle rattle so you can do all those things mentioned above with out having to think twice. On top of that , that poor, ignorant crazy person, vollunteered for their position so you don't have to do it.
It is absolutely necessary to question what the Soldier, Airman, Sailor, or Marines do. What they do is a consequence of the orders given to them by a higher authority. Whether we should blame the soldiers for carrying out thier orders is the point you're trying to make. To suggest that anyone cannot question what they do is outright absurd. If the citizens of the United States cede power to a federal government, it must always be with a watchful eye. However, it is a growing trend to demand that we turn a blind eye to whatever the government is doing, because "it is in the best social interests". Perhaps this is why things are so very fvcked right now.
I'm also disturbed about the essence of your final statement, which suggests that if you didn't volunteer, the government could force us to fight. But force is not an argument; to force someone to take up arms, particularly given the present situation when there is no threat to this country in the areas the commanders have chosen to fight, is to deprive someone of thier life, thier liberty, and presumptively, thier happiness. If you seek gratitude for your service, do so on the grounds that you keep others from being forced, at the end of a gun, to fight for whatever cause the government chooses.
you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky
it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles
I thought this was why you joined the Air force. Personally don't think the solders are serving their country. They are serving their Government. I personally think a lot patriotism is blind faith. Although i cant imagine most of the Iraqi army joined because they felt patriotic.
Correct. What was lost in translation?
I love my country= patriotism
if you read the post after this one above I mention voullunteering so you don't have to. well that = patriotism as well, in the fact that I realize most people don't want to live like this and so i do this job so you don't have to.
And the benefits when it comes to school and training are good. Yeah thats some of the reasons why I joined.
Brother, you are entitled to whatever opinion you want man. thats the beauty of it. and so am I. Not Everyone is going to see eye to eye so why argue. Plus like Shosh said, isn't this thread about support the troops, not some political fiasco?
" Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"
It is absolutely necessary to question what the Soldier, Airman, Sailor, or Marines do. What they do is a consequence of the orders given to them by a higher authority. Whether we should blame the soldiers for carrying out thier orders is the point you're trying to make. To suggest that anyone cannot question what they do is outright absurd. If the citizens of the United States cede power to a federal government, it must always be with a watchful eye. However, it is a growing trend to demand that we turn a blind eye to whatever the government is doing, because "it is in the best social interests". Perhaps this is why things are so very fvcked right now.
I'm also disturbed about the essence of your final statement, which suggests that if you didn't volunteer, the government could force us to fight. But force is not an argument; to force someone to take up arms, particularly given the present situation when there is no threat to this country in the areas the commanders have chosen to fight, is to deprive someone of thier life, thier liberty, and presumptively, thier happiness. If you seek gratitude for your service, do so on the grounds that you keep others from being forced, at the end of a gun, to fight for whatever cause the government chooses.
I didn't say not to question what they do. Look closer. I said don't ask them "Why" they do what they do. Not what they do. Why they do what they do is a personal choice.
And I stand by my final statement because if you pay attention to US history you would know that there was adraft in Vietnam. That means your ass would be drafted to fight in something you don't care about. As long as there is vollunteers for the military, you don't have to worry about it.
Thats what I meant.
" Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"
Actually i'll throw the tyranny, Exploitation, and crime in what I said earlier too. That sounds like a cnn headline right there
And I wasn't talking about Iraq as the enemy. Think a little harder. who is a power that we have dealt with in the past who still makes uneasy gestures?? Russia, China, North Korea, and now Iran. and what Country is close to or borders them? hmmmmm let me think.....Afghanistan!
Yeah and lets face it the American government has always been at war with somebody. Someone has to be the enemy whether its Bosnia, Cuba, Russia, China, North Korea, Panama, Iraq or Iran. One thing we all know is war makes a lot of people rich.
Originally posted by hambino21
And I stand by my final statement because if you pay attention to US history you would know that there was adraft in Vietnam. That means your ass would be drafted to fight in something you don't care about. As long as there is vollunteers for the military, you don't have to worry about it.
I'm not going to be doing it either way. I would rather object and do some hard time
Plus when you feel like protesting certain decisions, disagreeing with officials outloud, booming whatever music you want riding around in your ride, staying up all night for a 10 hr Danny Howells show, eating at a twenty four hour restaraunt, etc, etc, just remember that person you think is poor, crazy, ignorant etc, is out on a patrol somewhere in BFE in full battle rattle so you can do all those things mentioned above with out having to think twice. On top of that , that poor, ignorant crazy person, vollunteered for their position so you don't have to do it.
I am sorry but This is a pile of shit.
There is no way to call it but that.
You and your friends are not fighting for me...
If I had a choice you would not be there. That is pure and outer bullshit,,,you are not fighting for my freedoms or my rights. Furthermore, I would never go to war even if there was conscription - I would just move somewhere like Switzerland.
These ideas of heroism (in my opinion) are something you and your fellow soldiers have been spoon fed to psych you guys up and make you feel all tingly inside.
I have nothing against you and I wish for you all the best i.e. to survive and come home (just as I wish for everyone fighting on both sides) so please don't serve me that crap about you doing your part or my part or whose ever part because in my eyes you and every other soldier on both sides are puppets on a string. Ever since the dawn of time nation states have been nothing more than figments of imagination...a way for the government to control people for the purpose of taxation and army.
Call me a hippie an anarchist or whatever you will but I do not feel allied to any nation whatsoever.
Furthermore when governments are completely open about the way they operate and they can show me a clear threat the Afghanistan poses to me and my way of life I will agree with all you said. Until then they can fuck right off.
p.s. as much as they want you to believe it, you are not fighting against the third reich
TheIdiotsAREWinning.
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain
1. While this war in Iraq and Afghanistan may not be the case, history has shown that there really are times when it is noble, right, and necessary to stand and fight. Pacifism just doesn't work because it only takes one side to start a fight.
2. Therefore, we do need a standing military and they do ultimately provide an absolutely critical service to you.
3. A modern military consisting of millions of people simply does not have the luxury of leaving it up to each individual person as to whether they feel like showing up and fighting, feel like staying home, feel like following an order, etc. It's imperfect, but you can't have direct representation there, similarly as you can't have direct representation in the governance of a large nation. It just can't function that way.
4. Therefore, the entire issue really comes down to when, how, and why the military force is deployed. Not as to why the men and women of the military have decided to train and develop their skills to carry out their tasks.
In my opinion, we should be directing our anger and intense questioning towards the people at the top who make these calls to deploy, and not the men and women who are in the military organization itself. That's what we owe to our military.
I am sorry but This is a pile of shit.
There is no way to call it but that.
You and your friends are not fighting for me...
If I had a choice you would not be there. That is pure and outer bullshit,,,you are not fighting for my freedoms or my rights. Furthermore, I would never go to war even if there was conscription - I would just move somewhere like Switzerland.
These ideas of heroism (in my opinion) are something you and your fellow soldiers have been spoon fed to psych you guys up and make you feel all tingly inside.
I have nothing against you and I wish for you all the best i.e. to survive and come home (just as I wish for everyone fighting on both sides) so please don't serve me that crap about you doing your part or my part or whose ever part because in my eyes you and every other soldier on both sides are puppets on a string. Ever since the dawn of time nation states have been nothing more than figments of imagination...a way for the government to control people for the purpose of taxation and army.
Call me a hippie an anarchist or whatever you will but I do not feel allied to any nation whatsoever.
Furthermore when governments are completely open about the way they operate and they can show me a clear threat the Afghanistan poses to me and my way of life I will agree with all you said. Until then they can fuck right off.
p.s. as much as they want you to believe it, you are not fighting against the third reich
Noone is feeding you anything man. I don't get told this by my command or whatever. We aren't brain washed. ( well at least not the Airforce, Army, and Navy)Beleive what you want man, thats your right. And if you don't think places like Afghanistan don't pose a threat to your life than you must have been asleep on Sept 11 . Plus I haven't mentioned anything about Heroism. I don't seek gratitude like mentioned by someone else in this thead. I won't lose sleep if you disagree with me. trust me. And if you want to got to Switzerland when the shit hits the fan, go ahead man. No one would spend a nano second stopping you. good luck on making aliving there coming straight form America. You think shits expensive in the states. I also understand that what I am doing here in Afghanistan might not directly affect YOU at this point, but as I mention earlier, if certain major countries decide they want to get rid of us in the future, we would have a strategic advantage by being here. And if this was to happen all these "brainwashed idiots" as you like to refer to them as that voluteer for service would be defending our country while you flee to Switzerland . Just look at the big picture for once.
" Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"
Last tiem I checked there wasn't a genocide being commited by the coalition here in Afghanistan
Oh really?
Trying to wipe out the Taliban is Genocide.
“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
And if you don't think places like Afghanistan don't pose a threat to your life than you must have been asleep on Sept 11.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Saudis that flew those planes into the buildings?
“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
When it comes to the Soldier, Airman, Sailor, and Marine, the least you can do is to not question why they do what they do. And don't insult them by saying that they must be poor, uneducated, or crazy for serving their country. Thats just rediculous! It is something they decided to do. And yes some were talked into it and it might not have been the best idea for them, but they are the ones that have to deal with this decision, not you. Plus when you feel like protesting certain decisions, disagreeing with officials outloud, booming whatever music you want riding around in your ride, staying up all night for a 10 hr Danny Howells show, eating at a twenty four hour restaraunt, etc, etc, just remember that person you think is poor, crazy, ignorant etc, is out on a patrol somewhere in BFE in full battle rattle so you can do all those things mentioned above with out having to think twice. On top of that , that poor, ignorant crazy person, vollunteered for their position so you don't have to do it.
Not question?? You are kidding aren't you. ? Unfortunately the statistics don't match your rhetoric. Your history has allowed you to get the best from the military , this doesn't apply across the board. Btw the crazy was your word I don't think the mention it in statistics.
The bolded bit is pure BS propaganda.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment