• Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

First NetFlix Streaming Box Review. $100 + unlimited d/l's

Not perfect yet, but could be cool...

The Future
    Netflix is planning HD streaming and this box will support it. When Netflix gets HD streaming content, they'll update the box by firmware to support HD resolutions at higher bitrates of 4-6mbps, including 5.1 surround (everything is stereo now.) The menus will also be upgraded to HD res, too. In the future, the Roku-branded box will be upgraded to accept non-Netflix content, too. (And btw, the update on the Mac client situation is that they're just trying to sort out the DRM issues, or lack of a suitable system they can stream to Macs on.)
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: First NetFlix Streaming Box Review. $100 + unlimited d/l's

Saw that one today..... however if you have a vista media center and a netflix account, you can set this up for free on your PC. Its in beta i.e. some features need to be added however whatever it comes with has been working great (for me). It's got limited/older titles only but works great so far.

Though streaming standard definition over the web and playing it on my 60" tv results in less than desirable video output. In fact, my Standard definition cable video output appears to be a lot clearer/sharper.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

Re: First NetFlix Streaming Box Review. $100 + unlimited d/l's

i'm all about opensource versions of this type of stuff. yeah i wouldnt even bother with it until i could get at least dvd quality streams. i'll stick with the free hd movies comcast streams to me for now

Comment

Working...