X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Clinton to Campaign in Florida

OK, the race is over, and has been for a while. It even seems like Clinton has come to grips with this, as she's ramped down the rhetoric a lot and is making allusions to things like "bringing the party together" and whatnot.

Why on earth, then, is she traveling to Florida to campaign there at the same time that McCain and Obama will be there? This could actually go a couple of different ways. She could be going there to actively campaign, which just seems sorta silly in light of the fact that (1) Florida has already "voted," (2) Florida will not be voting again, (3) the people of Florida have no say in whether or not their votes are counted at the convention, and (4) they have no way to advance her chances of getting the nomination whatsoever.

If she's campaigning there because she still thinks she's going to be the nominee and is gearing up for the general, she's seriously lost her damn mind.

It could be that she's campaigning there to help soften the blow to her supporters and help Obama in the general, to help facilitate the transition from her to him. She won't come out and say that, of course, but if she goes to Florida and blasts McCain, talks about party unity and doesn't take any massive swipes at Obama, that's effectively what she'll be doing.

I'm hopeful and optimistic that it's the latter. I don't think it's out of altruism, though -- the Clintons do nothing that is not in the best interest of the Clintons, but she might view helping Obama get her voters in an important swing state like that as a way of getting back in the good graces of a party that's becoming increasingly fractured over the last 17 months.

Thoughts? Anyone think of any other reasons for her to be there?
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

Re: Clinton to Campaign in Florida

this delusional woman will still be running next year while Obama is signing bills in the White House, convinced that her inevitable reign of glory and power is just around the corner.
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• res0nat0r
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • May 2006

shes doing a little too much of this i think:

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
        this delusional woman will still be running next year while Obama is signing bills in the White House, convinced that her inevitable reign of glory and power is just around the corner.
        spot on!

Comment

Working...