• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diebaudio
    Fresh Peossy
    • May 2008

Diebaudio pres. Jamie Stevens -Keep Her Space [DA001]

Jamie Stevens - Keep Her Space [DA001]
    (incl. Original / Onionz Remix / Smith & Selway Mixes)

OUT NOW!!!!
    Available formats: 12" and MP3

The inaugural release on the Dieb Audio imprint comes from none other than label co-owner/founder, mastermind behind one of Australia's best known Electronic acts 'Infusion' and all around top DJ/Producer, Jamie Stevens. Jamie's recent solo work has garnered a huge following, earning him support from DJ's across the board and establishing him as a serious and promising solo artist in his own right.

On his first release for Dieb, "Keep her Space" we find Jamie venturing into exciting, sci-fi techno territory, using hypnotic, intertwining analogue synth sequences and understated shuffling rhythms to create a building, tense monster of a track that has generated early support from DJ's such as Dave Seaman (who has included it on his latest Renaissance Master's CD) and Umek.

Smith and Selway arguably deliver the more "peak time" mixes here, as they strip the track down to its bare essentials, focusing primarily on dynamics and groove. The first “Mayhem Remix” is sure to cause exactly that on dancefloors and at festivals around the world for many months to come. Not since Josh Wink's Higher State Of Conciousness has a breakdown been constructed to such dramatic effect. Already given the double thumbs up from Dubfire, James Zabiela and Carl Cox, this stormer ticks all those “special moment” boxes. The "Control Mix" retains similar elements and sounds, while showing restraint in the drops and is more suitable for a more subtle and smooth set. This mix has already found favor with John Digweed and Anthony Pappa who have included it on their latest, respective CD releases!

Last, but definitely not least, Onionz provides and excellent, jacking house interpretation which adds another dimension to this package. Implementing old-school house stabs, a bouncing, funky bassline and thunderous, cracking tom fills, Onionz re-interprets the track in his own unique style while remaining faithful to Jamie's original vision.

As far as label debut's go, they don't come any bigger than this! Dieb Audio have a host of exciting releases and remixes from some of the most exicting talents in house music.

MP3 SAMPLES:
    1. ORIGINAL MIX
    2. ONIONZ REMIX
    3. SMITH & SELWAY CONTROL MIX
    4. SMITH & SELWAY MAYHEM MIX

DJ REACTIONS:

Hector Romero – “Oh Yeah - killa tracks! On point!”

Anderson Noise – “I will play S&S remixes!”

Paul Woolford – “Smith & Selway on blistering form at the moment… both mixes for different moments.”

Funk D’Void – “Smith & Selway Mayhem mix defo works! Good job!”

Mazi – “The S&S Control mix works best in my set. Very well produced.”

Rocky – (X-Press 2) – “Original is best for me. Thanx.”

Ewan Pearson – “Excellent!”

Sander Kleinenberg – “Very cool!”

Layo Paskin – “Good first release guys.”

Umek – “I looooooveeeee Original.”

DJ Yellow – “Very nice release… will play original.”

Chris Fortier – “S&S mixes are and have been huge for me.”

Monika Kruse – “Peaktime rave! Will play original and S&S remix occasionally.”

Matt Thomas – (King Unique) – “Like Jamie’s Original too but Mayhem mix just takes the top spot!”

Dave Seaman – “Been on this for a while now. Big for me.”

Stacey Pullen – (Hi-Tek-Soul) – “S&S mixes are good for me!”

Mark Knight – “Both lots of remixes are huge.”

Steve Parry – (Juice FM) – “All mixes are superb! But the Mayhem mix is rave tastic!”

Jose Gonazalo – (DeeJay Mag Spain) – “One of the tracks of the next few months! All mixes are really good. I will play for sure!”

Gavin Kingsley – (Cox & Digweed Radio producer) – “Great melodies, very strong package here. Smith & Selway’s Mayhem mix is the one. Full on driving techno. Love it!”

Danny Howells – “Killer bundle of tracks here! Straight to the box. Thank you!”

Laurent Garnier – “Excellent! Very big for the floor. Will play!”

Nick Warren – “Smith & Selway all the way. Excellent!!”

Timo Maas – “Both S&S mixes are excellent!”

Fergie – “Likin all the traks on this pakage, mix most suited to what i play would be smith & selway, which will go rite off.”

Miss Kittin – “Yeah! The claps and the floating rave dancing trance convinced me... I love the claps!!!”

Gregor Tresher – “Smith & Selway’s Control remix is the one for me here.”

Axwell – “S&S Mayhem is very good. Excellent groove!”

Satoshi Tomiie – “Been a big supporter for this EP for a while, very cool release. Thanx.”

Stuart McMillan – (Slam) – “S&S Control mix is good for me.”

Roger Sanchez – “All sounds good to me.”

Matthew Roberts – (King Unique) – “Fantastic, especially the Smith & Selway mix with the mental drop. Ace!”

Hernan Cattaneo – “Original and S&S are good stuff!”

Steve Angello – “Great release. Well done.”

Pig & Dan – “Loving this whole single!”

Greame Reedie – (Silicone Soul) – “I like the original, the more mellow Smith & Selway and the Onionz. Thanx.”

Craig Morrison – (Silicone Soul) – “Like this a lot - really envolving electronic action and a nice mix from Onionz.”

Oscar G – “Smith & Selway never disappoint… great groove on their mix!”

Florian Kruse – “Very cool 1st release guys! I like all tracks, but the smith & selway mixes are fucking dope and I like them most! All the best.”

Eddie Halliwell – “S&S Mixes rock!”

Agoria – “Smth & Selway mixes are a good tool for big places and festival to come!”

Ivan Smagghe – “S&S mixes are in the box. Good useful stuff!”

Jim Masters – (Hi-Tek-Soul) – “Can’t wait to play this in Barcelona on Saturday!!!! S&S!”

Aldrin – (Zouk) – “Massive! Original and S&S Mayhem remix drops like a bomb.”
    16 Bit Lolitas – “Like the original a lot! Will definitely be supporting!”

Tom Novy – “Workz for me! In my wallet!”

Wally Lopez – “Smith & Selway remix is the shit!!”

Rene Amesz – “I really dig the original mix. Love the use of sounds and the melody's awesome IMO. Will defo give this one support the coming months. Thanx for this excellent.” promo.

Tom Wax – (You FM Germany) – “S&S mixes are peak time bombs!”

Osamu M – “Smith & Selway 'mayhem' remix is fucking amazing!! it will definitely rock all floors... massive!!!”

Tedd Patterson – “Hot Hot Hot!!! Original and S&S Mayhem mix.”

Dennis Ruyer – (Dance Dept. Holland) – “Excellent!”

Paul Hamill – (BBC Radio Ulster) – “Awesome stuff. I’ll be hammering this one thank you very much.”

Pete Gooding – “Good big sounding peak time monster that Mayhem mix.”

Marcus James – “We've given the pair of holligans who run this label far too much money in licensing on this track - its on dave and john already. can see why though, quality release.”

- For more information please visit: http://www.myspace.com/diebaudio
Working...