X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewjames
    Getting warmed up
    • Jul 2004

Going clubbing on your own

I'm going on my own later this afternoon, it doesn't bother me.

Got me thinking about other people though... would you go on your own, or would you not? Do you think it's odd to go on your own?

As none of my friends are really into house music, I tend to go on my own quite a lot, especially if theres a really good dj playing who I haven't heard before. I always meet nice people and have a boogie
  • Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Going clubbing on your own

who is playing, senor?
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• matthewjames
      Getting warmed up
      • Jul 2004

It's an afternoon boat party in Southampton with Paulo Mojo. Should be good for shits and giggles.

Comment

• Garrick
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

if its a boat party, those are usually pretty intimate. i'm sure you'll meet tons of cool people.
        Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• matthewjames
          Getting warmed up
          • Jul 2004

Yeah, will be good bank holiday fun!

Anyone else go out on their own?

Comment

• gjg21
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2004

i'd say the amount of times i've gone out on my own has got to be in the hundreds at this point. i've met loads of cool people along the way and have no intention of stopping any time soon.

Comment

• Troklo
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

I go out a lot on my own, here in Austria there´s not a lot of people that like house.
              I´m cool with it but sometimes I would really love someone standing besides me making the same HOLY CRAP face that I put on with a good mix.
              Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• Troklo
                Platinum Poster
                • Jun 2004

I have to add my post that I have also met a lot of cool people along the way, and we meet at partys from time to time
                Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• Bender420
                  Tickle me Elmo!
                  • Jun 2004

just last month i flew to chicago for the night to catch sasha & digweed by myself. i met up with one ms'r and tried to meet up with another. i live in louisiana and over the years i've gone to raves at the old state palace theatre on my own. as well as clubs in houston, dallas, austin, and even twilo in new york. not to mention that while traveling in europe 4 yrs ago by myself,i planned my trip around a few clubs in various places. but it worked out that i met up with kinky j in belgium and we went to a club and i went to see digweed in budapest with people from the hostel i was staying in. to me it's about the music, sure it's great when you've got a good buddy there experiencing it with you, but it isn't necessary!
                  Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• spyros
                    Gold Gabber
                    • May 2007

well, ive done this too in the past going out by myself but imo nothing compared when there is someone else close to you either your best mate or girlfriend to share with him/her whats happening in the club and then talk about it in the morning while chilling out..
                    also it probably depends on what youve eaten or what youve drunk too.
                    i presume drinking some booze in a party or maybe taking an upper would prob be ok when youre on your own,but its different when you take loads of chemicals..
                    i dont think i can imagine myself eating two trips and with a gram of ketamine in my pocket go out on my own... FUCK THAT!!!
                    Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

I've been to ibiza on my own because no-one else could get the time off or fancied going. It was strange at first, but you get the chance to relax, do your own thing and hear some amazing music.

If I hadn't gone I would have missed the best sets I've ever witnessed from Sasha or Digweed ... there's always other to talk to and you can go on the pull without anyone denting your style !
                      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• chunky
                        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                        • Jan 2006

I used to do it quite a bit in the 1990's. Friends would always say they wanted to go to Cream, Gatecrasher, MOS or Fabric and to let them know next time i was going. But they would drop out at the last minute with some feeble excuse, when really they found it easier going down our local Pub/Club and popping pill's down there. Which i never saw the point of. I never wanted to look back and say i wish id seen this DJ or been to this club. I didn't let them hold me back. It can seem a bit strange, but i think it really depends on the Club and the Crowd that you are going to. I always went for the music first although drugs do play a part of it. As soon as i hit the dance floor i usually loose my mates anyway. I was a bit of a ladies man back then, so i would usually end up meeting people there anyway. Clubbing on your own isn't for everyone, some people wouldn't even consider it no matter how good the night is or the DJ. A few months ago i was going to go to either Budapest or Bucharest to see Tenaglia on my own. I've got mates who would go but had other commitments. One of the clubs i want to go to is Kristal in Bucharest. When they have the wright night and i have no family commitments (I have a 9 month son) i will go. On my own if i have to. I wouldn't say i was a loner but i don't need to be part of a group in order to do something. Then again going clubbing with mates is brilliant because you do have someone to share the experience with. I have friends at work who go aboard to football matches on their own. To me its the same.
                        Originally posted by res0nat0r
                        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Dzone
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jul 2004

Done it many times and will do it again in the next couple of weeks as i will be away in berlin and planing to go clubin, as others said,I meet lots of cool ppl during those lonely clubin nites
                          ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^

Comment

• unkownartist
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

might have to go and see sissa and digasissy on my own in august

Comment

• benda
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jul 2004

Nothing wrong with going clubbing on your own. Most of my friends aren't into electronic music at all, and the few that are can't always come to the things I want to go to, so I go out by myself quite a bit. But seeing as the scene is quite small here in Perth there are always familiar faces in the clubs as everyone goes to the same house/techno nights.

Comment

Working...