X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jay813
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2005

benny benassi?

not familiar with him other than i think hes one of those jersey/ ny house djs that i dont care for.(satisfaction?) the reason for this post (yes there is one) is hes going to be in tampa on thursday should i :

A) go, but with ear plugs and drink too many long islands to make it sound good or,

B) drop my friends for inviting me to this event

if i am wrong on type of music, post a set i can listen to...
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: benny benassi?

i would drop your friends and mail them notices that they have been dropped.

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

I'm with Jib on this .. but if you do go you'll need more than Long Island T's - check out whatever the tramps drink (meth spirit or special brew ) and order double measures.
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

i wouldnt go near it. and the crowd that will be there wil be annoying as fuck too!

Comment

• THE_LIGHT
          MCast Resident DJ
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
          I'm with Jib on this .. but if you do go you'll need more than Long Island T's - check out whatever the tramps drink (meth spirit or special brew ) and order double measures.
          OMG

cheers
          hafid

Comment

• day_for_night
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

ya i somehow got convinced, against my better judgement, to check him out one night a few years ago. i was already drunk, and we had guestlist, and i STILL didn't want to go. within 10 minutes of arriving, my fears were confirmed and i was gone within the hour.

skip it. your ears will thank you.

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

i would go. you never know when Global Underground will pick him up.

tbh, i would still go only if the tickets were about $10 and my friends bought me my first round.

i feel that sometimes people are more concerned wtih the name of the dj that's playing, rather than just having a damn good time. There never used to be the upturned-nose to other genres. i think my real issue is cover price. if it's reasonable with what i know to expect and enjoy, i'm down. that's where my prejudice comes in. ticket price.
              you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• AntonyM
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Oct 2004

chedda fest there is no amount of booze, pills, and narcotics to make that sound tolerable.
                Originally posted by Shpira
                So came back last night...
                Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                Originally posted by Illuminate
                Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• jay813
                  Platinum Poster
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                  i would go. you never know when Global Underground will pick him up.

tbh, i would still go only if the tickets were about $10 and my friends bought me my first round.

i feel that sometimes people are more concerned wtih the name of the dj that's playing, rather than just having a damn good time. There never used to be the upturned-nose to other genres. i think my real issue is cover price. if it's reasonable with what i know to expect and enjoy, i'm down. that's where my prejudice comes in. ticket price.
                  this is exactly how i feel about it. was invited by some good friends told thm that it depended on how much was the cover...its $15, i said ill get back to them on that,lol.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                    meat and potatoes
                    • Jun 2004

B!!!

u need new friends and quick!!!

Comment

• 88Mariner
                      My dick is smaller
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jay813
                      this is exactly how i feel about it. was invited by some good friends told thm that it depended on how much was the cover...its $15, i said ill get back to them on that,lol.

right on. yeah, you know, i would even go see tiesto if the price is right. Like, if they charged you the lint lining your pocket for example.
                      you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Dhar_2
                        meat and potatoes
                        • Jun 2004

no chance mate!!! tiesto!!!???? WTF!!!

Comment

• jay813
                          Platinum Poster
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by Dhar_2
                          B!!!

u need new friends and quick!!!

lol. ill get on that

heres a clip i found from ultra...doesnt seem so bad. i like pretty much all forms of house music...i think i might excuse myself to the restroom if he plays any remix of satisfaction.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gyn90D2zmg[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• 88Mariner
                            My dick is smaller
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Dhar_2

no chance mate!!! tiesto!!!???? WTF!!!

yup. tiesto. trust me, there is worse music out there than tiesto. it would make tiesto sound like cattaneo, in fact. suprisingly, thier record boxes used to share some common ground. And i've been hearing that tiesto has stepped back from playing stadium trance and is now playing more progressive music, which i think might be a reaction to exactly what AVB did.

Anyways....

i can't imagine how you have a good time. unless it's straight up progressive, you're telling me you won't even go out? And then you filter by name of the dj?

----PEACE-----

Comment

• day_for_night
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

^
                              |
                              it has nothing to do with filtering by name of the dj and everything to do with filtering by quality of the dj. and benassi is teh suck, not to put too fine a point on it.

Comment

Working...