Farina in Chicago next week, good for house noobs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Farina in Chicago next week, good for house noobs?

I am wanting to get some friends who dont mind going and getting their dance on to go see some real house music up in Chicago next week, Farina is going to be at the Smartbar next Sat.

Question is I have never seen him live, his sets I've heard on here are pretty good, anyone have a guess what they think it could be like next week? I dont want to gather up a bunch of people who have never been to something like this before and if he doesnt keep the funky house vibe going like I hear he might do sometimes they will prob be turned off to doing this type of thing again which would be a shame.

Any advice? Otherwise I will save it for the next time Migs comes into town who I know will put on a good fun show that they would enjoy.
  • day_for_night
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Farina in Chicago next week, good for house noobs?

farina is a great dj to take people to who are new to the scene, definitely recommended.

Comment

• AntonyM
      DUDERZ get a life!!!
      • Oct 2004

Last couple of times I have seen him, it has been some deep moody house that builds into a funky primetime throwdown. Nothing so heavy and out there to instill fear and paranoia.
      Smartbar is a fun place as well, bummer I have to leave Chicago
      on Friday, unless would be there as well.
      Originally posted by Shpira
      So came back last night...
      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
      Originally posted by Illuminate
      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

that is what i was thinking. farina / migs, something like this. even though we all know and love s+d on this board, if i brought them to something like they have been doing on their last tour they would shoot me because they wouldnt like that sound at all.
        give me some funky house baby.

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

Originally posted by AntonyM
          Last couple of times I have seen him, it has been some deep moody house that builds into a funky primetime throwdown. Nothing so heavy and out there to instill fear and paranoia.
          Smartbar is a fun place as well, bummer I have to leave Chicago
          on Friday, unless would be there as well.
          damn too bad if i cant gather the troops i might just go up there myself. been to the smartbar about 3x and it is a nice fun small place. plus it is going to stay open until 5am which is good with me

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

depends on the door charge.
            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

15$ before midnight, 20$ after midnight.

cheep!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

Farina will deffo drop some shit that will be recognisable to house noobs.. last time i saw him he played a boot leg remix of Lowrider.. immense!

Comment

• res0nat0r
                  Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                  • May 2006

hah nice!

Comment

Working...