X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShawnD64
    Quickshot the Minute Man
    • Jan 2005

hostel questions

looking at hostels in berlin right now...

any need to pre-book a room?

will i need my own sleeping bag?

do most places have spaces to lock up your stuff so u can go get drunk at night?
    http://soundcloud.com/scd64
    http://www.myspace.com/scd64
    http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/
  • miketpoto
    Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
    • Jan 2005

Re: hostel questions

That movie was awesome.

Comment

• herre
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

a&o Hostel Berlin: Welcome to our 4 modern ✓ central ✓ cheap hotels in Berlin! At a&o you always book at the best rate due to our ★Best Price Guarantee★

Comment

• Dhar_2
        meat and potatoes
        • Jun 2004

dunno never done hostels.

always done cheap b&b's.

is there much price difference?

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dhar_2

always given cheap bj's.

Comment

• Dhar_2
            meat and potatoes
            • Jun 2004

^ i worry about how u read things sometimes

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

Your room-mates look tidy :

sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• pr0ficient
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Apr 2006

I would recommend booking a room in advance at a site like hostelworld.com...During the summer months they can easily fill up on weekend.

Also, I stayed at the 'Heart of Gold' hostel when I was in Berlin last year. It was one of the finest hostels that I have ever stayed in...and it is moderately priced. I would highly recommend it!

And for your other questions: Most have places to lock up your shit but you need to make sure that you bring a padlock with you. And I would not worry about bringing a sleeping bag, most all hostels will provide sheets and blankets for free or a small fee. Oh, and make sure to bring a towel!

Comment

• ShawnD64
                  Quickshot the Minute Man
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by pr0ficient
                  I would recommend booking a room in advance at a site like hostelworld.com...During the summer months they can easily fill up on weekend.

Also, I stayed at the 'Heart of Gold' hostel when I was in Berlin last year. It was one of the finest hostels that I have ever stayed in...and it is moderately priced. I would highly recommend it!

And for your other questions: Most have places to lock up your shit but you need to make sure that you bring a padlock with you. And I would not worry about bringing a sleeping bag, most all hostels will provide sheets and blankets for free or a small fee. Oh, and make sure to bring a towel!
                  thanks for the info dude, finally someone with some answers!

i dont really want to make reservations as i just have vague ideas on how long i want to stay in each city. i also dont want to pay 30 euro for a room as opposed to 15 euro ... i suppose its not too bad, but i am on my own and all i need is a bed.

i appreciate it, maybe i will try and book a dorm style room....

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                    • Jun 2004

No need to book anything. It's Berlin - a big city with hundreds of hostels. Just rock up and you'll be fine.

Yes they have somewhere to lock up your things.

You can prolly get by without a sleeping bag. Leave it at home, if you find you need one, just go out and buy one.
                    "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• ShawnD64
                      Quickshot the Minute Man
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by SyntaxTerror
                      No need to book anything. It's Berlin - a big city with hundreds of hostels. Just rock up and you'll be fine.

Yes they have somewhere to lock up your things.

You can prolly get by without a sleeping bag. Leave it at home, if you find you need one, just go out and buy one.
                      Nice one. I had planned on just heading over to Europe with no plan at all, justfly by the seat of my pants, but the fam and misses weren't to found of that haha. So I have a list of hostels, ill be good! Didn't want to be out in the gutter

Comment

• Dhar_2
                        meat and potatoes
                        • Jun 2004

gutterz ruke!

i'm gonna do the same this aug when i go to malaysia!!

Comment

• Bender420
                          Tickle me Elmo!
                          • Jun 2004

when i went to europe 4 yrs ago i joined hostels international, which gave me discounts at some hostels. i would book ahead in berlin. when i passed thru there i could only get a hostel on the outskirts of the city. it was a cool place, out on a lake, but it fucked my plans for hitting up some clubs b/c the trains didn't travel back that far after midnight. at this point in the summer, it'd be in your best interest to at least call ahead from one city to the next to check on hostels. especially high tourist areas. it kinda sucks getting off a train and having to buy a calling card to try to find a hostel, trust me. i found that in most places you could rebook night to night, so that eliminated the issue of not knowing how long you would be in each city. don't bring a sleeping bag, i brought my own sheets. it's worth it to not have to rent them from the hostel when they aren't provided. sheets don't take up much room in your bag. and last but not least, buy the book, "europe on a shoestring" by lonely planet, or another like it called, "let's go." THESE BOOKS ARE THE BIBLE!!! they tell you any info you need.
                          i went for 2 1/2 months back in 2004 and didn't see half the places i had planned on seeing, but saw just as many that i'd never heard of, or never planned on seeing.
                          i met people at hostels and ended up traveling with them abit, i even met up with ms'ers along the way.
                          enjoy man, and if i can help with any other questions, please ask.
                          Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• GregWhelan
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

I'm staying in a hostel in Hamburg for 3 nights in 2 weeks time - the flights from london to Hamburg, and the hostel price, all come to £120 - so I'm not holding out for much in the way of a decent mattress!

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

Behave yourself in that red light district Greg !
                              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...